Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Club looting - what have you seen?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Club looting - what have you seen?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2017, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Add me for 2-3 green tea bags for the planes which have only black tea. I am not particular (as to which lounge).
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:00 pm

Programs: Former: United 1K, AA ExP, Alaska 75K Current: Delta DM
Originally Posted by davetravels
Now, if we're talkin' AF lounges . . . .

Those tiny, little Coke cans, are just SOOOO adorable! I just can't resist them!
Let's play a game of chubby bunny and see how many mini cans we can fit into our backpacks/luggage

.:don't ban/report me bro:.

Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
I want to witness one of these.
LOL, happens quite often you'd be surprised. Just look for the person bringing back 4 cans of soda, 3 plates of food and a couple of cookies.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:05 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by SSSSxEverytime
Let's play a game of chubby bunny . . . .
Well, I should've specified "Cola Light"!

Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:07 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
Occasionally, I grab a small bottle (250mL) from the AF lounge when heading to the gate.
I remember seeing the AF lounge in CDG 2F back in summer of 2016 being outfitted with to go bags for taking food out.
Those ~330mL bottles of Evian are the perfect size, and are robust enough to hold up to a week’s worth of refills. I often save my bottle after a club visit in CDG.

If you dig around in the back of the fridge, you can often even find a Christian Lacroix branded edition for that extra bit of bonus snobbery...
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by javabytes
I don't understand why lounges don't offer a few items to go ... Being able to stop in for 60 seconds, grab a Chicken Caesar Salad and a bottle of San Pellegrino and take it with me has been really quite convenient. Probably costs less than someone who hangs out in the lounge for an hour or two and consumes far more food and alcoholic beverages.
How about just serving pre-made salads, parfaits and so forth to everyone? It would be a lot safer from a food safety standpoint than buffets with cross-contamination, to say nothing of how much food must go to waste.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by VibeGuy
Back in the days of unattended self-service Crown Rooms in airports like SAV, where you got the day’s door code at the ticket counter, I may have periodically liberated a fifth of Maker’s Mark as it wasn’t generally distributed in my state. I have since atoned for my petty larceny by flying hundreds of segments in CRJs.
It may be unethical, but I don't think it's illegal when it is a self-serve bar with no signage restricting consumption.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:41 pm

You guys should watch this video:

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....er-chips-bags/
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:41 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
How about just serving pre-made salads, parfaits and so forth to everyone? It would be a lot safer from a food safety standpoint than buffets with cross-contamination, to say nothing of how much food must go to waste.
Naaah! I'd rather select my own food choices and quantities rather than pre-made.

Have you gotten sick from a buffet . . . . or are you just a germophobe?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by davetravels
Naaah! I'd rather select my own food choices and quantities rather than pre-made.

Have you gotten sick from a buffet . . . . or are you just a germophobe?
I, for one, don't want yogurt that's been left in the open-air for an hour and has bits of cereal or granola in it -- the sort of cross-contamination that happens on buffets.

I've had food poisoning before. I also know people who get a little diarrhea or have a rumbling stomach that's more often than not the case of a foodborne disease.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I, for one, don't want yogurt that's been left in the open-air for an hour and has bits of cereal or granola in it -- the sort of cross-contamination that happens on buffets.

I've had food poisoning before. I also know people who get a little diarrhea or have a rumbling stomach that's more often than not the case of a foodborne disease.
Ya' gotta' live on the edge, a little!

I've had food poisoning before, too, but, not from a buffet. In Iquitos Peru, I ate something baaaaaaad - at a restaurant with my friend who lives there. He eats there all the time! I was sick as a DOG for a total of 6 days - but, couldn't even leave the hotel for 3 days! The details are NOT pretty! Fortunately, my friend owned the hotel, so, I was well taken care of!
Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I was at the old SFO SC once (when the entrance was landside by the security lines).

Was sitting there munching on snack mix and watching whatever horrible thing was on TV, when some guy walks over, unplugs the TV, picks it up, and walks out toward the front door.

Me and another guy kind of looked at each other for a second, wondering if we were about to hear a commotion from the front desk.

On my way out, I saw the same guy wheeling in a dolly with a brand new TV box on it.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:59 pm

Programs: Blinged Out
Never pilfered food, but my wife likes the cinnamon tea a lot, so I may take a couple of bags and request hot water on the upcoming flight.

I also have a small one ounce bottle which I refresh the M&G lotion periodically- After getting watered-down lotion in an FC lav once, I don't chance it on longer flights...
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:14 pm

Programs: DL DM MM
Never taken any food or drink but I usually grab a couple of newspapers for my flight but I'm assuming that's OK.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:16 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
Occasionally, I grab a small bottle (250mL) from the AF lounge when heading to the gate.
I remember seeing the AF lounge in CDG 2F back in summer of 2016 being outfitted with to go bags for taking food out.
It is interesting that in AMS, they have beer taps and soda machines in the Crown Lounges; but in the Salons in CDG, they have 25 cl cans of Heineken, Coke & Coke Zero, Perrier and this great tasting grapefruit soda I can't think of the name right now. Perfect for PDBs in deepest darkest Voyageur.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:26 pm

I am the one that started it all.....

Back in the old old days, my mother in law loved the pepper farm cookies.

This was North West and as I was a top top flier then, I may have taken more
than some would consider to be my fair share. The lounge managers caught on but
did not know the culprit. I know it was the cookies that did it because the signs were
placed exactly in front of the cookie tray, always.

That was me....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.