Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Why won't Delta offer Diamonds a free cocktail or beer?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2017, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Shouldn't they expire around February 1? Also, how did you get so many drink vouchers in your account? I get only four only four per year and have never managed to use all four.
You get four per level you reach. Good for one year from date of issue. However current elites get screwed, in that we get only 4 regardless of level at start of new elite year. (Thus ours expire one year later on Feb 1)

I've been successful in getting a few more by asking CS. Use them for when flying with family.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by flyerCO
You get four per level you reach. Good for one year from date of issue. However current elites get screwed, in that we get only 4 regardless of level at start of new elite year. (Thus ours expire one year later on Feb 1)

I've been successful in getting a few more by asking CS. Use them for when flying with family.
Do you just ask at the Skyclub for the vouchers? I've been pretty lucky to sit in F or C+ on almost every flight this year that has a beverage but have some skybonus free trips coming up that are long hauls and the free booze would making sitting in back a little easier
Old Oct 10, 2017, 1:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by puck021
In my case we get a per diem, but I would rather spend that on real food at a real restaurant and not at a snack on a plane. Some companies do not allow you to expense liquor, or only allow it if it is part of a meal. Companies have all sorts of fun (read that stupid) policies. I worked at one where you couldn't expense Lunch. Brunch yes, Lunch no.
I've been at a place where the rule is the opposite: they will pay for both breakfast and lunch (as part of business travel) but not brunch, even if it's cheaper and even if you're at some isolated conference hotel where brunch is the only meal served on the premises on Sunday morning and afternoon.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 3:51 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Lifetime Silver, Delta MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat, Lifetime Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by apodo77
After my $750 last minute ticket where C+ was full and my Plat colleague got an upgrade over 13 others on the list a free cocktail would be a nice customer service gesture.

Guess the bottom line is more important.
They used to. It was a coupon called Have One On Us that printed out with your ticket. It went away with C+.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 3:56 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Jump
They used to. It was a coupon called Have One On Us that printed out with your ticket. It went away with C+.
Those were nice, but they expired a day or so after the flight (to allow for IROPs and other rebookings), so they couldn't easily be stockpiled or gifted. Also, it helped to be near a printer when you did OLCI.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Simple explanation...

"For that lean, mean, mean green"
Old Oct 11, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Does anyone know how to print the drink coupons from our app? So I could give to friends.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by bergamini
Does anyone know how to print the drink coupons from our app? So I could give to friends.
I print them from delta.dumb, the full website not the app, although I've noticed that the app increasingly tends to send me to the full site on my iPad.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 10:33 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by bergamini
1) Open in APP
2) Screenshot them 1 by 1
3) Text or e-Mail to friends

CHEERS!
Old Oct 11, 2017, 10:58 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
+1 for both print-to-PDF from the full web site, or screenshot from the app, have had success both ways.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Perfect. Thanks.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Prem1K, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by apodo77
WDBF = Want Drinks Buy First. /smirk.

Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
Am I the only person who reads this board wondering about the correlation between DM and alcoholism? We seem to have an inordinate amount of whining/suggestions revolving around "free drinks" LOL!
To clarify, I'm a drunk, not an alcoholic; alcoholics go to meetings.

Originally Posted by ULDB65
I'm with you. After boozing up in a SkyClub, is it really that critical to get one more on the plane? Or maybe they feel they gotta have it just because its free?
I find it important to maintain equanimity with other people in a pressurized metal tube. Alcohol makes other people so much more tolerable....

N.B., the above is tongue firmly in cheek.

O/H

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.