Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Is There any MQD Requirement for Lifetime GMs etc?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is There any MQD Requirement for Lifetime GMs etc?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2017, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Back in the olden days, all credit card mileage, partner bonuses etc. all counted towards your lifetime total. I never saw this, as the change to the current system had just been made.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by RobertS975
Back in the olden days, all credit card mileage, partner bonuses etc. all counted towards your lifetime total. I never saw this, as the change to the current system had just been made.
I was well on my way to 2MM NW merged as much more "miles" counted towards "lifetime" back in the good old days.

Originally Posted by LBJ
The "complimentary annual" language has been there for like 8 years now. Every year, someone assures us this can only mean the termination of the program absolutely "imminent" and there can be no other possible explanation. And every year the predictions turn out to be false. All you need to do is look at the recent UA MM class action lawsuit over the use of the term "lifetime" after they changed the benefits to get an idea of what the DL lawyers were likely concerned about when they changed the language. Sure, it may say "Offers and benefits subject to change without notice" in the T&C's. But if you use the term "lifetime" it's not unreasonable to assume those only apply to new MM's, and not existing ones.
I am enjoying the 22nd year of my lifetime NW Worldclub membership that I paid less than $1k for.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 8:21 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I hit 2MM status back in 2010; I was told by someone at the Big D that I didn't have to meet a MQD minimum to keep my "lifetime" (complimentary annual) GM status in the years that I did not make PM or DM.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 8:35 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
I'm within a few flights of 2mm on Delta but have never flown at the "Gold" medal. level so it will be a new experience.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ND76
I hit 2MM status back in 2010; I was told by someone at the Big D that I didn't have to meet a MQD minimum to keep my "lifetime" (complimentary annual) GM status in the years that I did not make PM or DM.
It was addressed right on the website in the MQD FAQ's section --

HOW WILL THIS AFFECT THE ANNUAL COMPLIMENTARY STATUS EARNED BY MILLION MILERS?
Million Miler™ annual complimentary status is not impacted by Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs) or the MQD Waiver (Delta SkyMiles Credit Card spend). However, to maintain Rollover Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs), Million Milers will have to meet the spend requirements to achieve at least Silver Medallion status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.