Search

Checked in Baggage

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2017, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Checked in Baggage

Hi all,

Please forgive this if it's an obvious question.

My wife and I are booked next May from LGA>MSY on vacation from Scotland in Main Cabin. This is the first time we have booked flights internal to the USA, and I was wondering if folks could confirm a couple of things.....

It appears that I don't pay for checked in baggage till I check in, is that the case? I am anticipating possibly 3 cases between us. Should I do this when I check in online before heading to the airport, or when arriving at LGA? Also, is it correct that we should be charged $25 for each of the first 2 cases and $35 for the 3rd, as we can spread it between us both?

any help much appreciated,

dq
Old Sep 24, 2017, 1:20 pm

Excruciatingly detailed answers here:
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...tml#CommonFees
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The same question was asked about UA. These questions are answered on each carrier's website in detail. As noted in your other post, you do not have 3 bags, but one of you has 2 and the other 1.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, Delta-Diamond
Doesn't really matter or save any time if you pay with online check-in or not. You still have to wait in the same line.

In fact I've had instances where they were not able to see that I had paid with online check-in and I had to show my receipt.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by guller
Doesn't really matter or save any time if you pay with online check-in or not. You still have to wait in the same line.

In fact I've had instances where they were not able to see that I had paid with online check-in and I had to show my receipt.
Most airports have bag drop lines. If you need to pay you have to use regular line.

Also DL is testing self tagging/self dropping of bags at MSP. See this eventually rolling systemwide.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.