Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Captain announces "we're going to fly this plane like we stole it"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Captain announces "we're going to fly this plane like we stole it"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2017, 6:13 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by scracer14
There's very little the pilot can do to fly faster, or make up time. Most of the time recovered is simply schedule buffer so that one delayed flight doesn't cause dozens throughout the day, and affect monthly reporting statistics.
Are you sure? I believe that planes, like cars, are rarely operated at their maximum speed. Which seems to mean that the pilots could, in fact, fly faster to make up time. Probably they need help from ATC to get them around slower traffic, I'm not sure whether ATC has time to deal with that.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 8:45 pm

My favorite FA announcement was a CRJ ATL-AGS. There's a button over your seat that's a flight attendant call button the first time. After that it's an ejection button.

Or the we have two smoking sections on the plane: one on the left wing and one on the right wing. The inflight movie is "Gone with the Wind"
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
The FA announcement that made me chuckle during the safety talk at the seat belt part "if you have not been in a car since the the early 60's".
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
Originally Posted by estedman
The FA announcement that made me chuckle during the safety talk at the seat belt part "if you have not been in a car since the the early 60's".
Actually they should make an announcement for the non frequent flyers. Most car seat belts unlatch by pushing something. Most airplane seat belts unlatch by pulling something. Not obvious to the newbie only familier with cars while trying to exit a burning plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.