Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

How does paying for upgrade on 1 leg impact other legs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2019, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK

I am being offer a pretty good deal for a flight ATL-ELP 1284 miles for $124. If I pull the trigger how would that if at all impact upgrades not offered on the MSP-ATL leg? Any thoughts?

Thanks
Old Dec 8, 2019, 6:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Have you checked fare class availability for various segments? Maybe there's no FCM offer for MSP-ATL because the flight is full. If so, you'd be unlikely to get a cheap offer later anyway, even if a FC seat does become available. It might be useful to know this.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Have you checked fare class availability for various segments? Maybe there's no FCM offer for MSP-ATL because the flight is full. If so, you'd be unlikely to get a cheap offer later anyway, even if a FC seat does become available. It might be useful to know this.
Both are T fares to ELP and back both are Q fares. Both offered $124 ATL-ELP and ELP-ATL for F.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 8:53 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Buying an upgrade on one leg doesn't affect the upgrade on the other leg. You'll still be eligible for a standard complimentary upgrade on MSP-ATL, and you may see an FCM offer on that leg at some point in the future.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
Buying an upgrade on one leg doesn't affect the upgrade on the other leg. You'll still be eligible for a standard complimentary upgrade on MSP-ATL, and you may see an FCM offer on that leg at some point in the future.
Thanks. That is what I thought but you never know with DL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.