Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hertz Gold Rewards Points And DL Discount Code

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2017, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC

Just double checking this is not a mistake:

Rented with Hertz from the DL website and a DL corporate code was automatically applied. Got RDM as expected, but Hertz credits me with zero of their points because of the corporate code used.
Sounds a little strange that the effect of the partnership might be that rentals are disallowed...
Old Sep 4, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
You can't double dip. Only DL miles or Hertz points per rental.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
THAnk you. The fact is that I don't recall ever electing points or miles. Is miles the default choice when renting through delta.com ?
Old Sep 4, 2017, 2:00 pm

I don't believe you have the option when booking via Delta. Edit your reservation on hertz.com and you can change it.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 7:02 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I've found that taking the Hertz points is more valuable than taking the DL miles.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 8:04 am

The Hertz points are based on the cost of the rental, so I would agree with you for an expensive rental. For cheap ones I always take the miles or Marriott points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.