Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Connection RJ Refurbishment Status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2017, 3:38 pm
jbb
Original Poster

Programs: SQ *Gold

Flying DL in First for the first time EWR-MSP-YEG return in December. Decided to try DL as I don't like the hubbing process in YYZ with AC where you have to re-clear security and wait a few times before pre-clearing US immigration.

Our aircraft are EMB175 (Compass), CRJ900 (Skywest) and CRJ700s (Skywest).

Will all of these planes have the new seats with in-seat power by December or is there a chance I'll be stuck with a non-refurbished plane?
Old Aug 26, 2017, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jbb
Flying DL in First for the first time EWR-MSP-YEG return in December. Decided to try DL as I don't like the hubbing process in YYZ with AC where you have to re-clear security and wait a few times before pre-clearing US immigration.

Will all of these planes have the new seats with in-seat power by December or is there a chance I'll be stuck with a non-refurbished plane?
I haven't seen a non-refurbished/bad off RJ in a while. Pretty sure the CRJ7s are all done. A few of the SkyWest CRJ9s may still have the old interiors. Not sure about the E175s. The few flights I've taken, they haven't been that bad.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by jbb

I believe all of the RJ Refurbishments where completed before summer. They should have new seats and ISP.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 3:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've been very (positively) impressed by Compass, including the condition of their aircraft.

However, IME the SkyWest RJs are old, worn, tattered, filthy, and depressing, although the real winner here was one CRJ-900 with not only the FC lavatory locked and out of service but also with a sign on the door suggesting that it had been in this condition for a while and was expected to continue in the same status much longer.

BTW, the CRJ-700s only have one lavatory for the aircraft, in the rear. It's less convenient for FC passengers, but the somewhat compensating advantage is that FC isn't subject to a stream of coach passengers coming up to use the FC lavatory. YMMV.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:55 pm
jbb
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
BTW, the CRJ-700s only have one lavatory for the aircraft, in the rear. It's less convenient for FC passengers, but the somewhat compensating advantage is that FC isn't subject to a stream of coach passengers coming up to use the FC lavatory. YMMV.
Thanks for the info everyone. That's disappointing about the lavatory on the CRJ-700- especially as the flights are 2.5 hours each. The routing was originally CRJ900s on all four segments, but there were several equipment changes that switched to the 700s on the return and EMB175 from EWR-MSP.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 5:26 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by jbb
... and EMB175 from EWR-MSP.
E175 is the best narrow body aircraft DL and partners operate. IMO.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jbb
Thanks for the info everyone. That's disappointing about the lavatory on the CRJ-700- especially as the flights are 2.5 hours each. The routing was originally CRJ900s on all four segments, but there were several equipment changes that switched to the 700s on the return and EMB175 from EWR-MSP.
If there's a carrier change:

- from regional carrier to mainline Delta

- from Delta mainline to a regional carrier

- from one regional carrier to another

on any segment, then U.S. Department of Transportation rules for airlines allow you to request a refund to original form of payment - even with a nonrefundable ticket. It's one of the (few?) rules that favor the consumer.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 7:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by 3Cforme

on any segment, then U.S. Department of Transportation rules for airlines allow you to request a refund to original form of payment - even with a nonrefundable ticket. It's one of the (few?) rules that favor the consumer.
However, I had difficulty getting DL to recognize the "one regional carrier to another" rule, although multiple agents admitted that mainline to DL Connection was enough for a complete refund.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 7:30 am
jbb
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3Cforme

I think there was a carrier change from one regional to another on one of the segments, but its ok. There are few good options to get from EWR-YEG... the only alternative is AC which I am deliberately avoiding becaus I don't like the transfer process at YYZ and I like the times of the DL routing I am on currently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.