Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Booking Delta Comfort OW TATL with points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking Delta Comfort OW TATL with points

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2017, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: papa card, UA 1K
Question Booking Delta Comfort OW TATL with points

I haven't flown delta in a long time, however I have a decent amount of points - I was going to give them to a family member to fly tatl on dl comfort+. Is this easily done online? I went online briefly but didn't see the option to select comfort+. Cheers
Old Aug 21, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by ermintrude
I haven't flown delta in a long time, however I have a decent amount of points - I was going to give them to a family member to fly tatl on dl comfort+. Is this easily done online? I went online briefly but didn't see the option to select comfort+. Cheers
C+ is still not a separate booking class for TATL yet so you can't book directly into W for these flights and you must go in and purchase it as a add on. (like it use to be for every flight)
Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
C+ is still not a separate booking class for TATL yet so you can't book directly into W for these flights and you must go in and purchase it as a add on. (like it use to be for every flight)
Thanks for letting me know. Do you or anyone else know the typical cost $/miles for the upgrade post purchase OW TATL (it appears that currently it has to be done post purchase TATL)
Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Don't give (transfer) your miles to someone else for their ticket; the transfer fees DL charges cost more than the value of the miles. You should book their award ticket from your FF account and then give them the ticket rather than the miles as a gift.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for letting me know. Do you or anyone else know the typical cost $/miles for the upgrade post purchase OW TATL (it appears that currently it has to be done post purchase TATL)
There is no option to purchase with miles, only with cash. You do not have to wait to post-purchase to get a price. If you do a sample booking and fill in customer info, you can select a C+ seat prior to purchase and it will tell you how much it costs to add-on. I just started a sample booking for DTW-CDG and it was $99 each way.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
$100 - $140 depending on route in my experience. FCO - ATL earlier this year cost me $139 USD while my JFK - MXP trip later this year is offering $99.

Will likely decline the $99 (only the middle section of 4 is available and prefer having the aisle in a "2" even if non-C+) but did take the $139 since we were able to get the bulkhead set of 2 together.

I did get MQD and RDMs for that C+ purchase as well even though the ticket itself was a mileage ticket

Comfort + Seat Mileage and MQD Accrual
POSTED ON XXX 2017
MQMs
-- Not Applicable

MQSs
-- Not Applicable

MQDs
$139

BASE MILES

BONUS MILES
-- Not Applicable

+695
Total Miles
Your best bet is going to be booking directly for your family member and then having either you or them pay for the C+ cost. There is no issue doing this for another person from my own direct experience.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

OK thanks for all your replies. Very Helpful. I worded my initial post poorly as my intention was to book from my account

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.