Search

DL 118 what hall at CDG

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: none
DL 118 what hall at CDG

Hi All,

This is my 1st post. I am looking for some info on Delta/Air France international flight DL118 connecting with DL8593. FLight leaves Boston on 8/28 @ 7:10pm, arrives CDG 8:15am 8/29, connection to DL8593 leaves @ 9:35am.

My daughter (20yr old) is studying abroad in Florence. She has never flown alone before and I am nervous. I am hearing that CDG is hard to navigate and 1hr 20min is extremely tight to get to her connecting flight DL 8593.

I understand she will land at terminal E2 and connecting flight DL 8593 at terminal F2 but there are three halls (k,l & m). How soon would we know which hall her flight will land at.

Anyone taken this flight that might know which hall is normally used?

Any advice on how to help her navigate from one flight to the next? I have already printed out the maps (including pictures) for her.

Thanks for any help!
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
It can be any of the halls. Till shortly before arrival into CDG it wont be known. Regardless she'll have to go through immigration since connecting to a Schengen country. All halls funnel through the same immigration location.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:35 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
She will be fine with 1h20m. Her flight will arrive at terminal 2E but the hall cannot be predicted, it could be any of the three. In any case, she just have to follow the signs to Terminal 2F, go through immigration and security and continue to the boarding gate.

In my opinion, printed maps will only confuse her. If I were you, I would give her the following directions:

1- Deplane
2- Follow the "connections" sign
2- Follow the signs to Terminal 2F
3- Clear immigration and security
4- Watch the monitors for her departure gate
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Air France and Delta operate from Terminal 2, which is a vast complex involving nine distinct buildings. Flights from North America to CDG park at Terminal 2E. Terminal 2E consists of three buildings: the original gates in the main building, which is now called Concourse K; and two mid-field buildings accessed by a driverless train, Concourse L and Concourse M.

Flights to destinations such as FLR that are in the so-called "Schengen Zone" (the European immigrations union) typically leave from Concourse 2F, which is on the other side of the main access road into Terminal 2. To get there, literally follow the crowd; don't exit the airport, but rather follow the signs (and it is well marked) to a corridor which bridges the roadways and leads over to 2F. She'll have to clear airport security, and then, after that, the French border police; beyond that, she'll be airside in 2F. As 2F has two main piers, she needs to look at the overhead monitors to get gate information.

80 minutes should be enough to connect between flights.

Hope this helps.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:41 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by flyerCO
It can be any of the halls.
Ya, the maps will just confuse her more. Believe me - I've been thru there a million times, and I still can't figure it all out! I've always felt that it must've been designed by a mad man!

Just tell her to follow signs for "Connections" and "Terminal 2F". It is, indeed tight, but, if she misses the flight, they'll just put her on the next one.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
It can be any of the halls. Till shortly before arrival into CDG it wont be known. Regardless she'll have to go through immigration since connecting to a Schengen country. All halls funnel through the same immigration location.
This is not the case at CDG. Passengers connecting to Terminal 2F do not go to the same immigration location and don't have to go through the main one.

- Passengers arriving in Terminal 2E Hall L and connecting to 2F clear immigration in the corridor between the two terminals.

- Passengers arriving in Terminal 2E Hall K (Main building) clear immigration at a dedicated corridor between the two terminals.

- Passengers arriving in Terminal 2E Hall M follow the connections sign, take the automated people mover, and when arrive to the main building clear immigration in the same corridor passengers arriving at 2E Hall K do.

As long as you follow the "2F" sign and not the "Baggages / Exit" sign everything is fine.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SDQBound
This is not the case at CDG. Passengers connecting to Terminal 2F do not go to the same immigration location and don't have to go through the main one.

- Passengers arriving in Terminal 2E Hall L and connecting to 2F clear immigration in the corridor between the two terminals.

- Passengers arriving in Terminal 2E Hall K (Main building) clear immigration at a dedicated corridor between the two terminals.

- Passengers arriving in Terminal 2E Hall M follow the connections sign, take the automated people mover, and when arrive to the main building clear immigration in the same corridor passengers arriving at 2E Hall K do.

As long as you follow the "2F" sign and not the "Baggages / Exit" sign everything is fine.
I was thinking it was same as when going 2F to 2E. I never connect onward to Schengen at CDG, only outward from Schengen.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: none
Thank you all for the advice...I will skip the maps! Or maybe give her the simple one that just show the three halls and their relation to 2F so she has notion of the relation between 2E & 2F.

It sounds like the best advice I can give her is don't panic if you miss your connection just go to the desk for help getting on the next flight to Florence.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:51 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by SDQBound

And . . . . . as many times as I've been thru there . . . .

It's certainly not obvious which hall in 2E you arrived at. I think those designations are mostly for departing flights.

Just skip the maps - - she'll be a train wreck using any maps. Just tell her to follow the signs for Connections and Terminal 2F.

My 14,000th post! Yay!!
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:52 am

I was thinking it was same as when going 2F to 2E. I never connect onward to Schengen at CDG, only outward from Schengen.
Until 2-3 years ago what you mentioned was the case, but things actually improved (very unusual at CDG).
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by davetravels
And . . . . . as many times as I've been thru there . . . .

It's certainly not obvious which hall in 2E you arrived at. I think those designations are mostly for departing flights.

Just skip the maps - - she'll be a train wreck using any maps. Just tell her to follow the signs for Connections and Terminal 2F.
Agree. I only know in which hall I arrived because this is my home airport, but other than that, it would be difficult for a passenger who doesn't know the airport to know where exactly they arrived.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:29 pm

Don't worry too much about it. She'll land in 2E and it doesn't really matter where because you go through immigration before anything else. From there, just follow signage for connections to 2F.

If you really want to know how it will look, use this:

http://easycdg.com/passenger-informa...o-terminal-2f/

I think the estimated times are a little on the high end. 90 minutes should be totally fine. Remember, you don't need to claim and re-check your bags, that's done at the destination when you're in the Schengen zone.

The only time I'd say 90 minutes isn't enough is when going to 2G since it's a totally separate building.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by GailO61
Thank you all for the advice...I will skip the maps! Or maybe give her the simple one that just show the three halls and their relation to 2F so she has notion of the relation between 2E & 2F.

It sounds like the best advice I can give her is don't panic if you miss your connection just go to the desk for help getting on the next flight to Florence.
While there is much to complain about CDG, it is very well signed, and they are quite used to helping people with this sort of transfer.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by bennos
While there is much to complain about CDG, it is very well signed, and they are quite used to helping people with this sort of transfer.
Yes, CDG is very well signed and as long as you follow them, the whole process isn't too overwhelming.

Originally Posted by GailO61
Anyone taken this flight that might know which hall is normally used?
I have taken this flight, but we arrived at a bus gate, so it's probably not much help. The bus just dropped us off right at the transit area in Hall K.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
A lot of the signs have "Correspondance" in larger letters than, or instead of, "Connections" so you might tell her to look for that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.