Search

Flying OK on DL ticket

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2017, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM
Flying OK on DL ticket

Hi All,

While this is partly a rant, I also want to give a heads-up to folks whenever you're flying on Czech Airlines (OK) in Y as a STE+ pax.

I'm flying from USA-CDG-PRG on a DL-issued ticket, and I've discovered that OK doesn't give any type of preferred seating to STE+ pax. As I learned, everything depends on the fare package that one buys. Unfortunately, for me, when I purchased my ticket on DL.com, I didn't know the equivalent fare class on OK, and TBH, I'm not sure how I would've known, except in cases of full Y or premium fares (e.g., J, C, I, etc.).

When I spoke to their call center in Europe, the CSR said that once a seat has been assigned (which was automatically done for me when I checked in on DL.com), it cannot be modified without a 10 Euro charge -- and all I wanted was to move from a window to an aisle (!). Moreover, because the first segment of my flight isn't operated by OK, I can't access my PNR on the OK website, even though I have the correct and valid OK PNR that the DM desk gave me. To top off all of this, OK's janky website isn't the most user friendly.

That said, has anyone had any luck getting their seat changed at the OK check-in counter or gate? How's the service on OK? Looking back, I wish that I could've just taken the KL/AF-operated flights--at least I know what to expect, including the common, "That is not possible..." line :P.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
I'm flying from USA-CDG-PRG on a DL-issued ticket, and I've discovered that OK doesn't give any type of preferred seating to STE+ pax.
Did OK lead you to believe you would get preferred seating as a DL Medallion?

DL's statement of SkyTeam benefits expressly notes that preferred seating on OK is for long-haul only.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-benefits.html
Old Aug 6, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: UA *G. DL ̶G̶O̶L̶D̶ Member, Hilton/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
Hi All,

That said, has anyone had any luck getting their seat changed at the OK check-in counter or gate? How's the service on OK? Looking back, I wish that I could've just taken the KL/AF-operated flights--at least I know what to expect, including the common, "That is not possible..." line :P.
We got our seat assignments changed without paying the fee but I think it was because they split us up (Have not flown the flight yet). Not sure if they would have been so accommodating otherwise.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: Skymiles GM
Did you call Delta? I wonder if they are able to change it on the back end.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: DL PM
i've only flown in euro business on OK but had a nice experience, not at all helpful for you and getting your seat changed though sorry

my flight was a connection to CDG (on the way to MIA) during an AF strike last year so i was actually quite thankful that i had booked OK as the flight went as scheduled when there was otherwise chaos for the AF-operated flights around europe at the time (which meant i had a nice long visit to the P lounge in CDG, fantastic!)
Old Aug 6, 2017, 12:36 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
I've had two lousy experiences with OK, but both had to do with their ticketing practices, not in-flight service, because I've never managed to actually fly them!

1) Air France was on strike, so my BCN-CDG flight was canceled. So, I needed to rebook through another European SkyTeam hub. I found a great BCN-PRG-CDG routing with seats. Medallion desk booked it for me, only to find out hours later when I tried to check in that OK had "rejected" the booking. So I wound up on a longer, less convenient AZ routing.

2) Trying to fly PRG-FCO on OK with six total passengers. Booked all flights via Chase months in advance. For whatever reason, I got the AZ codeshare of an OK flight. All seemed well. Was able to see my reservation on both AZ and OK sites. Showed up at the airport three hours before departure only to be told OK had canceled my reservation months ago for reasons not entirely clear to this day. OK told us we weren't their problem and to go away. AZ was on strike that day and insisted (and still insists) that we had a valid OK reservation and should have been allowed to fly. Eventually, Chase rebooked us on VY at over $1,000 a piece.

My takeaway way from all of this: Don't fly OK.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Did OK lead you to believe you would get preferred seating as a DL Medallion?

DL's statement of SkyTeam benefits expressly notes that preferred seating on OK is for long-haul only.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-benefits.html
What long haul route does OK fly? If i remember they have (year or two back) 1 whole widebody i thought. Its leased from KE if i remember. Only routes that would be long haul they've ever operated AFAIK are Seoul and Riyadh.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jamiestr
Did you call Delta? I wonder if they are able to change it on the back end.
I called the DM desk and they--along with the Joint-Venture Desk--couldn't do anything. DM agent said, "Their flight, their rules."

As for the point about preferred seating "only" available on OK long-haul flights, I'm not sure that that's necessarily true because one could book a full Y class ticket, and that would presumably allow a pax to select a seat--at least based on OK's various fare packages.

I'm pretty much resigned to flying this as is. My only hope is that I'll have a decent seat in the front on my return flight because I have tight connection in AMS.

(Also, to add: my onward BP for this flight issued by DL doesn't reflect SkyPriority or any type of status, which might cause issues for priority boarding, for example.)

Last edited by UVAhoo06; Aug 7, 2017 at 12:30 am
Old Aug 8, 2017, 5:23 am

Programs: DL Platinum (ST+), JL JGC (ows), NH SFC (*AG)
I flew an OK flight as an AZ codeshare in June. Had the same experience with trying to get any seat assignment, and after several emails with OK, they basically said, "Your flight is an AZ number so we can't get you any seats".

But, they were very kind at the airport in acknowledging my STE+ status and changed my seats without hesitation. They also changed my seats for my onward AZ flight. I don't understand why they won't do anything until DOD, though.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Several weeks ago, I noticed that I could choose a seat on the OK website. It said that the seat that I selected was free. I thought nothing of it. There were other seats that were being sold as premium (e.g., exit row, front of aircraft, etc.). Fast forward to check-in at BUD. I show up, and the agent says that I need to pay for the seat. I explained to her that the website confirmed my seat assignment without asking for any payment. She called her supervisor (or the powers that be), and she said that I couldn't travel unless I forked over a seating fee. I explained to her that the website shouldn't have confirmed my seat if payment was required. I politely asked if she could just put me somewhere else. She said she couldn't. Every seat required an additional collection. Bottom line: I had to pay a fee if I wanted to get on this flight that I had already paid for.

I called the CZ call center, and the agent said that they been updating their website. She admitted that there have been many glitches, including pricing things such as seating fees incorrectly.

I'm beyond annoyed, and I was wondering what you all might suggest in regards to some sort of recourse. I could use some advice here. I'm kinda over flying OK.

Last edited by UVAhoo06; Aug 17, 2017 at 11:28 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.