Wiki Posts
Search

DL to Start MCO-AMS on 3/30/18

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2017, 6:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by TomMM
Hope the fares come down. I priced out MCO-AMS and main cabin was $3200. For the same dates I priced out JAX-ATL-AMS and D1 was $3400. Not much incentive for me to do the drive to MCO.
Yeah those prices will have to come way down or this route will end before it begins.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by Bagels
DL has never shared proprietary information with menial employees. The control of information has long been a struggle for most companies and the presence of social media has magnified that plight. Case in point -- if this rumor proves to be true, the employee (who probably heard about it from station management, who didn't intend for her to share it) inadvertently got it all over FlyerTalk.

While it may not seem like a big deal to you, it is a big deal for DL as it lost control over the flow of information

"Having said that, if you are friends with someone in the know, its not very smart to come running to Flyertalk with it. Delta makes it pretty clear they don't want internal info like that released before they want it released...... "

Did you miss that completely or what?

Also, Delta publishes its schedule updates on the employee intranet before the information is uploaded to DeltaMatic. Its there for anyone who wants to view it, as long as they have excel. Of course, as part of DL's social media policy, employees are not suppose to post it on the internet.
Its also pretty normal for employee meeting with the station manage for them to share any upcoming route additions (or subtractions). The departmental quarterly calls also have proprietary information in them regularly.
Again, not something DL really wants employees leaking, but the idea that frontline employees aren't told about changes to the company before it hits the press is laughable.

Finally, "menial employees"? Want to know how I know you aren't connected to Delta management in anyway?

Anyways, seems the OP was correct. I still wouldn't go running my mouth about this info on Flyertalk, Facebook, twitter, etc. etc. till its publicly announced next time. DL does share information with its employees with the mutual respect and understanding they aren't going post it all over social media. Just my two cents
Old Aug 11, 2017, 12:03 am
Suspended

I happen to know a thing or two about organization behavior and I can tell you that the corporate grapevine will never cease to exist. It's not like something embarrassing was leaked. Although some of the most embarrassing things at Delta must legally be reported, like the operating finances of that refinery lol.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by USAIRCHAIRMAN
Plenty of TATL options from TPA and more planned already...
What do you mean when you say "more planned already?" I've heard rumors about Norwegian and Thomas Cook.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 4:23 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by TomMM
Hope the fares come down. I priced out MCO-AMS and main cabin was $3200. For the same dates I priced out JAX-ATL-AMS and D1 was $3400. Not much incentive for me to do the drive to MCO.
Not sure what dates you are using, but i see $640 RT for main cabin on the vast majority of dates starting the first week of April. D1 is $3200.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by bsagator
Not sure what dates you are using, but i see $640 RT for main cabin on the vast majority of dates starting the first week of April. D1 is $3200.
Your quoting a post that is over a month old and was posted right after DL loaded the flights into the system which often means it take a week or so for DL to load the lower fare classes into the system. This seems to have been the price for about a month now.
bsagator likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 4:39 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Your quoting a post that is over a month old and was posted right after DL loaded the flights into the system which often means it take a week or so for DL to load the lower fare classes into the system. This seems to have been the price for about a month now.
Ha, I just noticed the date. Slight difference now...
Old Mar 30, 2018, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Well today is the inaugural flight of MCO-AMS and it looks like they are going to get the aircraft from the GRU flight as the schedules have changed since the inaugural announcement. This is DLs 3rd INTL destination from MCO and I believe only PDX has more DL INTL flights for a non-hub airport. It will be interesting to see how this flight goes.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Well today is the inaugural flight of MCO-AMS and it looks like they are going to get the aircraft from the GRU flight as the schedules have changed since the inaugural announcement. This is DLs 3rd INTL destination from MCO and I believe only PDX has more DL INTL flights for a non-hub airport. It will be interesting to see how this flight goes.
Doesn't Boston have a lot more int'l destinations? AMS, CDG, LHR, DUB, BDA, etc.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
Doesn't Boston have a lot more int'l destinations? AMS, CDG, LHR, DUB, BDA, etc.
Doesn’t DL consider BOS a hub of some sort? (mabye focus city)
Old Mar 30, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist

Doesn’t DL consider BOS a hub of some sort? (mabye focus city)
If BOS is a hub or focus city, wouldn't PDX and MCO be the same?
Old Mar 30, 2018, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
If BOS is a hub or focus city, wouldn't PDX and MCO be the same?
MCO and PDX are not listed as official focus cities by DL. All of DL's "focus cities" of CVG/BOS/RDU have flights to multiple non hub/focus city airports. MCO only has domestic daily service to MIA (to help feed the GRU flight) and IND. I don't see DL adding any additional domestic non-hub/focus city markets from MCO except for maybe AUS. I used to believe that DL would expand in MCO but I just don't see DL wanting to try and compete in heavy ULCC/LCC territory and have to compete with trash fares.

Old Mar 30, 2018, 3:08 pm

Didn't realize RDU was a focus city - or that there's a MCO-MIA hop. Haven't done that route since a Beech 1900 on a Continental partner years ago.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
Didn't realize RDU was a focus city - or that there's a MCO-MIA hop. Haven't done that route since a Beech 1900 on a Continental partner years ago.
Not sure where you have been for the past couple of years as RDU's been a focus city for a few years now with many non hub destinations (mainly RJ's) from RDU. MCO-MIA started the same day when MCO-GRU started and is the same flight number as well. (On an A320 or MD-88 typically)
Old Mar 30, 2018, 6:31 pm
Suspended

MCO isn't really a focus city. Just service to hubs and focus cities except for one-off flights every Saturday seasonally. I would classify it as an international gateway.

And CVG is more than a focus city. It has a pilot and maintenance base. You would think BOS could support a pilot base but maybe there isn't enough of a particular type operating there. Right now it's a big ugly mess of various types. CVG is majority 737 with a few MD-89 and 717 scattered around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.