Search

Linking SkyMiles number with Amex cc

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2017, 10:02 pm
formerly jackvogt
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
Linking SkyMiles number with Amex cc

Hi: I just recently got the delta platinum cc and am working for a 90,000 sign up bonus that I got from a friend via a referral. I've had my card and recall putting my sky miles number in during the application however I've paid my balance in full for the past 2 months and no miles have gone into my account. Also there is no skymiles number on the front of my card as there has been on every skymiles card I've ever had. Have I lost those miles or can I call them and give them my number and then they'll be deposited into my account. Thanks!
Old Aug 1, 2017, 1:07 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jackvogt
Hi: I just recently got the delta platinum cc and am working for a 90,000 sign up bonus that I got from a friend via a referral. I've had my card and recall putting my sky miles number in during the application however I've paid my balance in full for the past 2 months and no miles have gone into my account. Also there is no skymiles number on the front of my card as there has been on every skymiles card I've ever had. Have I lost those miles or can I call them and give them my number and then they'll be deposited into my account. Thanks!
If you login to your account at the AMEX web site, it should show the SkyMiles number that they have associated with your card, in an info panel on the right hand side. Probably they ignored the number you entered and created a new account for you. (It seems like there've been a number of such reports for DL AMEXes and ISTR similar reports on the SPG forum)

This happened to me when I opened a DL Plat AMEX earlier this year. I noticed right away, and called in to have them change the number on the account. Months later, without my doing anything else, I got an email from Delta telling me my accounts had been merged anyway.

If you're in the same boat, I'd call AMEX first and have them update the correct number, then submit a merge request:

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-accounts.html
Old Aug 1, 2017, 3:43 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
I have never heard of a 90,000 SM offer. Did you mean 70,000 for the Platinum Delta card?

Also, you mention having previous Delta Amexes. If you've ever held the card that you're applying for before you will not receive the sign up bonus.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 9:15 am
formerly jackvogt
Original Poster

Originally Posted by C W
I have never heard of a 90,000 SM offer. Did you mean 70,000 for the Platinum Delta card?

Also, you mention having previous Delta Amexes. If you've ever held the card that you're applying for before you will not receive the sign up bonus.
My friend has the platinum and it is 90,000. His business spends hundreds of thousands of dollars on the card and Amex likes to keep them happy. I've had the suntrust debit card and the gold card. Never the platinum. I'll just callamex and see what's up. Thanks
Old Aug 1, 2017, 2:06 pm

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
I'd skip calling them. Login to your account go to Help and use the Chat feature.

They will likely tell you there was a software glitch and file an incident report. Hopefully your miles will show up just after your next statement.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 2:32 pm
formerly jackvogt
Original Poster

Originally Posted by doglover
I'd skip calling them. Login to your account go to Help and use the Chat feature.

They will likely tell you there was a software glitch and file an incident report. Hopefully your miles will show up just after your next statement.
Incident report about what?
Old Aug 1, 2017, 3:49 pm

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
Originally Posted by jackvogt
Incident report about what?
That you're not getting miles. Let them figure out why and fix it.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 7:00 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond
mine was like this too. I think they must get a spiff or kickback for creating new accts.

I called amex, they corrected the Skymiles number on my amex cc acct.

I then emailed delta with the incorrect # + my current correct # and they said they would merge the 2 accounts.

****MAKE SURE you write down the incorrect # or screenshot it. cause when Amex updates it you wont be able to see it again unless you call back in and have them look it up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.