Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SEA-HNL will see 767 (lie flat) starting August

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SEA-HNL will see 767 (lie flat) starting August

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Another very minor point - window shade in 1A must be up for takeoff and landing, but not 1D.

Also, ATLMike1234 is right, most DL 763s don't have a usable L2 - that's part of why I prefer D over A.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by AntonS
I do not know how permanent is this change, but 8am SEA-HNL and 12:30pm HNL-SEA will be upgraded from 738 to lie flat 767 in August. I think it's the first time DL will be flying wide body from SEA to Hawaii.
Delta is pulling back the -900ER to Hawaii due to operational limits. Also cutting LAX runs & going back to the 757-200.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:23 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by n7371f
Delta is pulling back the -900ER to Hawaii due to operational limits.
^
Old Aug 12, 2017, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
I just booked onto this flight for next Monday (8/14), and was upgraded more or less immediately to first. I haven't flown up front on one of these in the past - any recommendation for seat choice?

I'm flying alone, and normally prefer aisle on single aisle aircraft. All of row 1 is available, as is 2B&C, 4A&D, 5B&C (I'm currently in 5D), and 6A,B,C.

I'd appreciate any tips!
1A for the views going into and out of HNL. 1D is alright on SEA-HNL since you'll still get a great view of Oahu on descent and downwind but assuming you land on 8L at HNL, you'll get a great view of Pearl Harbor as you are on final approach if you're in 1A.

Departing HNL, assuming you depart on 8R, 1A will yield a spectacular view of Waikiki and Diamond Head as you climb out.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 3:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by RealHJ
^
I certainly wouldn't want to fly on one of those fat pigs for a long overwater flight.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by n7371f
Delta is pulling back the -900ER to Hawaii due to operational limits. Also cutting LAX runs & going back to the 757-200.
Now could they just pull back on the 739 on the rest of the routes as well?
Old Aug 12, 2017, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
1A for the views going into and out of HNL. 1D is alright on SEA-HNL since you'll still get a great view of Oahu on descent and downwind but assuming you land on 8L at HNL, you'll get a great view of Pearl Harbor as you are on final approach if you're in 1A.

Departing HNL, assuming you depart on 8R, 1A will yield a spectacular view of Waikiki and Diamond Head as you climb out.
One other question - does having an odd-numbered flight change the calculus? Seems like if they do FEBO correctly, 1D would be almost guaranteed to be having leftovers....
Old Aug 12, 2017, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
One other question - does having an odd-numbered flight change the calculus? Seems like if they do FEBO correctly, 1D would be almost guaranteed to be having leftovers....
When it comes to FEBO, my strategy is on even flights I go towards the front while on odd flights I go towards the middle since on odd flights it's hit or miss on whether they start from the back or not.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
When it comes to FEBO, my strategy is on even flights I go towards the front while on odd flights I go towards the middle since on odd flights it's hit or miss on whether they start from the back or not.
That is kind of where I was going. 3D is still open, so I am probably going to move there and then stop thinking about it.

Thanks!
Old Aug 13, 2017, 3:43 pm

This is weird.... I get that it's Hawaii, so not a business traveler/elite heavy route, but looking at the upgrade list - 14 hours before departure it is showing 11 available FC seats and 25 C+, with *Nobody* on the upgrade list. Standby list shows 13 people (6 with the same last name) waiting for seat assignments from the 81 "remaining" seats.

Wouldn't that mean that there is not a single Medallion member checked in on the flight?

I guess boarding ought to go quickly...
Old Aug 13, 2017, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
Yeah, I recall NW having widebody service on this. In February of 2008, I flew:

NW219 SEA-HNL A330-300 N815NW
NW220 HNL-SEA A330-300 N819NW
Yes, but NW had slanted seats, not truly flat ones.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by ekozie
Another very minor point - window shade in 1A must be up for takeoff and landing, but not 1D.

Also, ATLMike1234 is right, most DL 763s don't have a usable L2 - that's part of why I prefer D over A.
None of the 763s have an L2 door forward of the wing. The 764s do have a door in that position, but not the 763s.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Air Houston
None of the 763s have an L2 door forward of the wing. The 764s do have a door in that position, but not the 763s.
Some of the Ex Gulf Air 767 that DL has have a L2 door before the wing but only one over wing exit.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Some of the Ex Gulf Air 767 that DL has have a L2 door before the wing but only one over wing exit.
Thanks for the info!
Old Aug 13, 2017, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Air Houston
Thanks for the info!
Just for reference Delta has the ex Gulf Air birds coded as the 76Z:
https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/De...-300ER_76Z.php

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.