Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TATL in Y: DL 777 vs KL 787

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2017, 2:08 am
Original Poster

TATL in Y: DL 777 vs KL 787

There are lots of great seat comparisons on here for the J seats... but what about us poor folks who have to fly in back?

I'm about to be doing a fair bit of personal travel between BRU and MSP. When I go back to the US for work, it's almost always on UA, but unsurprisingly it's usually much cheaper to fly DL or KL to MSP. I am (for now) a no-status loser on DL, and it's unlikely that I'll be able to push enough work travel to DL/AF/KL to change that.

Most of the TATL flights are AMS-MSP on my choice of DL's 777 or KL's 787, with a few other routings like BRU-JFK on a DL 767. In my previous frequent-travelling days, I'd simply have flown the European carrier and been done with it, but my experience flying UA vs SN recently casts some doubt on that.

So, the simple question is--if you were stuck in the back of the bus, which bus's seats suck less?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 2:25 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Easy question... DL in Y is superior to KL pretty much regardless of equipment.

FWIW, the DL 767 is probably the best Y experience available for TATL hops.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 2:27 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
KL 787 economy seats have a width of 44cm. DL 777 seats have a width of 47cm. KL 787 also has those new seats with less padding and are quit uncomfortable on long distances.
KL787 IFE is brand new. Service...well it's economy but FA's at both airlines are generally doing a pretty good job but you will see DL's ones doing more (water) rounds

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.