Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Malin+Goetz Minis in the Sky Club Enhanced?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:42 am
C W
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR

Last week I had a shower in the new SEA Sky Club and asked for the typical Malin+Goetz mini shampoo, conditioner, and lotion and was told all were already in the suite. Turned out they were all in dispensers.

I loved these minis since they held far more than typically needed for one shower, at least for my hair, and I could get several more uses out of them while traveling. I'd often pack the leftovers for short future trips. I even remember getting Sage body wash minis a few times. I was particularly fond of the lotion mini which was wonderful on long-haul flights, especially since the D1 amenity kit downgrade to Kiehl's.

Have the minis been eliminated systemwide? Or is this just in SEA or specific clubs at the moment? If they really are gone, I will be very sad.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:58 am
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
Dispensers were also in ATL E last week when I used the shower there.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 5:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Some Design Hotels (SPG) have small bottles of this brand of toiletries in rooms.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
The Curio London House in Chicago also has M&G as their brand of toiletries.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:19 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
Originally Posted by C W
Last week I had a shower in the new SEA Sky Club and asked for the typical Malin+Goetz mini shampoo, conditioner, and lotion and was told all were already in the suite. Turned out they were all in dispensers.

I loved these minis since they held far more than typically needed for one shower, at least for my hair, and I could get several more uses out of them while traveling. I'd often pack the leftovers for short future trips. I even remember getting Sage body wash minis a few times. I was particularly fond of the lotion mini which was wonderful on long-haul flights, especially since the D1 amenity kit downgrade to Kiehl's.

Have the minis been eliminated systemwide? Or is this just in SEA or specific clubs at the moment? If they really are gone, I will be very sad.
I agree I really enjoyed the M&G minis -- I've requested a couple extra from the JFK attendants when I know I'll be staying in an Airbnb or somewhere that has less than decent toiletries.

Last time I showered at SEA (~2 months ago?) I noticed that they had swapped out the shampoo and body wash to "Paya" brand, so I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually were moving in the direction of doing dispensers of M&G instead of the minis.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
The now-defunct Delta arrivals lounge at LHR T3 also used wall-mounted bottles to dispense the Malin + Goetz toiletries. While I also prefer the mini-bottles, I'd expect the dispensers to proliferate across the Sky Club system.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 10:56 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
If you guys are really that hard up for shampoo and are for some reason unable to order it off the internet, you could just bring your own empty bottles and fill them up from the dispensers.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: Delta PM
ATL F has them
Used them last night
Old Jul 26, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, buys Spirit tickets at the airport ticket counter ;-)
The gym I go to has the wall dispensers of this brand. I am sure it's more economical and certainly more green-friendly.

In any case, you can also buy the M+G travel sizes here: https://www.malinandgoetz.com/gifts-...gaAuWpEALw_wcB
Old Jul 26, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Those bottles always seemed wasteful to me. I'm good with dispensers.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: Skymiles GM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by pvn
If you guys are really that hard up for shampoo and are for some reason unable to order it off the internet, you could just bring your own empty bottles and fill them up from the dispensers.
It's after security too, so bring up your full sized empty reusable shampoo bottles. /s
Old Jul 26, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Great. First people steal all the hand soap from the DCA SC, now I'm going to get in a SC shower only to find that there's no shampoo. Thanks guys
Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:45 pm

Programs: Status? What's status?
JKF T4 had the wall mounted bottles yesterday.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WWads
Great. First people steal all the hand soap from the DCA SC, now I'm going to get in a SC shower only to find that there's no shampoo. Thanks guys
LOL. At least not TP
Old Jul 26, 2017, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by WWads
This evokes images of folks scooping SkyClub snacks into gallon-size ziplock bags (which others have reported in this forum) and the fellow I once saw in the ORD club filling his flask from cups of liquor from the self-service bar.

I have never understood the FT infatuation with overpriced, "exclusive"-named soap.

Originally Posted by mnredfox
LOL. At least not TP
If DL replaced their single ply ("I can read the newspaper through it") TP with some elite brand that is sold on Rodeo Drive, we would be reading about it here and folks would be sneaking it out of the club in their carry-ons.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.