New rule on double alcohol servings?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2017, 7:18 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by flyerslc
Probably hadn't had his covfefe yet.
Indeed this was the issue. Fixed
Old Jul 26, 2017, 10:48 pm

I usually order a can of mixer and a couple of mini's and I'd say 90% of the time it's happily served by the flight attendant.

In my experience it's the SLC-based DL flight attendants that are the "offended" types. I have 2.8 million miles so I have some experience. It's not just the unwillingness to serve the order, it's the bodily response to the request that's more offensive. I'll take a wild gander as to why their reaction is what it is...

As for the PNWA bashing, I've never found the red trailers to be any worse, or any better, than other bases or merged crews for double orders. In my NWA days, 1.5 million, I actually found they appreciated the self-serve order. Maybe because it meant less work for them.

But if any of us are testy about DL, I'd invite you to try Alaska. Not only will you not get a pre-flight drink, you'll get your first cocktail 30 min into flight and if you try to personalize the order (couple of mini's and a mixer) you're bound to be shunned on the rest of your flight.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 10:51 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
On DTW-ICN I ordered 3 vodka/Fresca (very refreshing by the way) and was brought a double each time.
one mini in the glass and an extr bottle.
I currently have 2 minis in my liquids bag.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I was denied a double baileys on the rocks one time in J on a DTW/LHR flight. I was told by the FA they could only serve one bottle at a time and it was really absurd because it doesn't take much to down a single baileys and two bailey's has less alcohol than one mini of most of their other liquors.

The original flight went into MX and this flight ended up going out over 12 hours late and they had a different crew that didn't fly international much so maybe that had something to do with it.

I was on a flight a few months ago dtw/las and ordered a fresca/vodka as a PDB and it was really strong and when I ordered another one after we were in the air the FA asked if I wanted just one vodka or another double so that explained it Fortunately I wasn't driving when landing but wish they would ask if you want a double, I don't like vodka drinks made too strong and if I'm driving when landing I usually limit myself to one drink every 90 minutes to 2 hours
Old Jul 29, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by n7371f

But if any of us are testy about DL, I'd invite you to try Alaska. Not only will you not get a pre-flight drink, you'll get your first cocktail 30 min into flight and if you try to personalize the order (couple of mini's and a mixer) you're bound to be shunned on the rest of your flight.
This is actually why the partnership dissolved.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Just stumbled on this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...doubles-4.html

This topic seems to be a perennial source of anxiety.

Old Jul 31, 2017, 2:03 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
posting live from C+... just got a double AND I got it before anyone in F got their drinks. BOOM SHAKALAKA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.