Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta One 757-200 Tables??

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2017, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Delta One 757-200 Tables??

Hi there, hoping someone could give me some information on the seat set up on the 757-200. I normally travel on united not for any other reason than they are the only ones that fly direct from my home airport but got a great deal on a delta one edi-jfk in december. I am traveling with my uncle who has learning disabilities and the table on the business first seats on united has to be pulled up from the side and he needs help with this. From the pictures i have seen online it looks as though the table comes out horizontally and looks quite simple??? I know this may sound trivial but believe me it can become a big deal.

Thanks in advance and anyone with any info on the delta on service im going to be on please spill the beans.

Cheers
Old Jul 20, 2017, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
J seat on 757 is basically the same regardless of carrier. The tray tables are the same. Pull open and then up and out. You may be looking at an A330/747 D1 seat.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 5:36 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
The Delta 757 business class seat is very similar to United's, and I believe the tray table works exactly the same (though I haven't flown UA's version).

The flight attendants are used to helping people with the trays, since there are all sorts of reasons someone might have trouble (they find the tray too heavy or that it gets stuck easily, or just can't figure out the mechanism), so it shouldn't be too much of an issue. If your uncle sits in an aisle seat it should be particularly easy for the FAs to help him.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Thanks for this, wasnt what I was hoping for but we will just have to deal with it. For what its worth I dont know why you cant see the product that you will be buying??
Old Jul 20, 2017, 6:30 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by glasgowgirl
Thanks for this, wasnt what I was hoping for but we will just have to deal with it. For what its worth I dont know why you cant see the product that you will be buying??
Unfortunately Delta doesn't do a particularly good job of showing all the variations of business class seats they offer (they will soon be up to 5 different longhaul business class seats, varying by aircraft type, at least for a while until the 777s are reconfigured). Though United doesn't do especially well here either.

This is what the 757 business seat looks like, which as you can see is very similar to United's seat.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 7:19 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
In thinking about it, while they typically are my least favorite seats of the D1 variety, from a "ease of operation" perspective you might want to try a route that has one of the 767 flavors. I've never had this particular consideration, but mechanically it seems like the easiest tray table to pull out and put back.

DL tends to fly the 767 to LHR. Depending on how serious of an issue this is, it might be worth a call to Delta to consider flying through there to EDI.

Not sure if LHR-EDI is a route Virgin flies, or if its covered in the Virgin Atlantic Joint Venture that Delta has.

Obviously there is nothing in the policy about changing a flight for this reason, but the worst thing they can say is no.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Thanks again for the input I deffo dont want to go to Heathrow, and we have been on United Business first several times so will just have to deal with the issues . Its not the end of the world but can become bothersome as he literally has no understanding of any tech so channels have to be changed for him etc but as I say its not the end of the world.

^^
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:03 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
Thanks again for the input I deffo dont want to go to Heathrow, and we have been on United Business first several times so will just have to deal with the issues . Its not the end of the world but can become bothersome as he literally has no understanding of any tech so channels have to be changed for him etc but as I say its not the end of the world.

^^
DL's 757 Delta One seats are the same as the United seats you have flown before (pull up from the arm rest on the side and then out across your lap). Good thing is that they are adjustable on a horizontal plane between you and the IFE screen.

DL's IFE screens are also quite large so it shouldn't be an issue to have yourself or an FA operate it for your uncle.

Safe travels.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Brilliant so can you move the table further away from you if you wanted to? That would be a great help for my uncle as would give him more space when eating. He is not the most dexterous !
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:44 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
Brilliant so can you move the table further away from you if you wanted to? That would be a great help for my uncle as would give him more space when eating. He is not the most dexterous !
Exactly. ^
Old Jul 21, 2017, 4:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by scongro

Not sure if LHR-EDI is a route Virgin flies, or if its covered in the Virgin Atlantic Joint Venture that Delta has.
You could do Glasgow or Edinburgh-Amsterdam-London (Heathrow)-USA or USA-Amsterdam-London (Heathrow)-Edinburgh or Glasgow with the to/from Amsterdam operated by Delta partner KLM.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 4:14 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
You could do Glasgow or Edinburgh-Amsterdam-London (Heathrow)-USA or USA-Amsterdam-London (Heathrow)-Edinburgh or Glasgow with the to/from Amsterdam operated by Delta partner KLM.
Given that the OP is traveling with someone who has a difficult time with traveling, this does not seem like it is moving in the right direction

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.