Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL 129 SEA-PEK 07/06 Security Incident

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2017, 8:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by pa3lsvt
Plus minor in possession of alcohol. Given the overall context I'm guessing a drunken fight that involved an under-18 teenager but not a small child victim.
Does Florida count consumption as "internal" possession?
Old Jul 7, 2017, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What I meant was he was arrested, drunk, and charged with battery of an under 18 victim, which to me indicates that the "child abuse" could be more like "a drunk DYKWIA 20 year old beat up a 15 year old kid" and not the "continued pattern of physical abuse of a toddler" that most associate with the term child abuse.

Sorry I wasn't legally accurate in my post. I'll consult an attorney next time so I don't repeat that mistake.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 9:03 pm

I'm not a lawyer but I know a lot of drunk teenagers in Florida that have had run-ins with the law and don't know a single one that got possession for consumption.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 9:10 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
My local news says he was a non-rev friend of an employee
Old Jul 7, 2017, 9:15 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
My local news says he was a non-rev friend of an employee
Can they get the dependent passes? Or maybe it was an official live in friend with benefits?

By now, he's probably a former friend.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Can they get the dependent passes? Or maybe it was an official live in friend with benefits?

By now, he's probably a former friend.
And most likely, the friend that gave out the dependent pass will probably have questions to answer or even a suspension of such benefits.

But, as we all know,

Name:  cocaine.png
Views: 994
Size:  442.8 KB
Old Jul 7, 2017, 10:36 pm

For nonrev behavior this egregious and expensive to DL, I would expect the employee who provided the pass to be terminated. Answering questions or even losing nonrev benefits for a while doesn't seem sufficient for causing a diversion of a TPAC flight and trashing the galley, plus injuring at least two people on board enough for them to be removed from the flight for medical treatment.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 10:43 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Someone in the FB page DDMF posted the guy's FB page earlier today. I have it open in a tab but I don't dare refresh it because it might disappear if I refresh it. They also said the perp is the son of a Delta employee.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by yohanson
Someone in the FB page DDMF posted the guy's FB page earlier today. I have it open in a tab but I don't dare refresh it because it might disappear if I refresh it. They also said the perp is the son of a Delta employee.
I saw something that said that his mother is/was a DL employee, but it didn't even hint about the nature of her position. Mommy was the source of the dependent pass.

However, can grown children fly on these dependent passes, especially when they're no longer students and presumably not legal dependents?
Old Jul 7, 2017, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by tvtd
Thank God he didn't get the door open.
It is literally impossible to open an emergency exit door in flight. If you're ever sitting next to someone who tries to do this, feel free to just laugh at them instead of hitting them over the head with wine bottles; neither approach will make any difference whatsoever in their ability to get the door open.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by javabytes
It is literally impossible to open an emergency exit door in flight.
Not if the aircraft was slow enough and low enough to render the plug door system useless. I do know that the window exits cannot be opened during flight.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by fgirard
Not if the aircraft was slow enough and low enough to render the plug door system useless.
Wrong. Even at low altitudes, the pressure is far greater than a person is able to overcome.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 11:01 pm

Wrong. Even at low altitudes, the pressure is far greater than a person is able to overcome.
I should have clarified that I was talking in the theoretical sense only...
Old Jul 7, 2017, 11:06 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Depends on how slow and how much you bench.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 11:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

For nonrev behavior this egregious and expensive to DL, I would expect the employee who provided the pass to be terminated. Answering questions or even losing nonrev benefits for a while doesn't seem sufficient for causing a diversion of a TPAC flight and trashing the galley, plus injuring at least two people on board enough for them to be removed from the flight for medical treatment.
Why would the employee lose their job if they had no indication this pax would flip out like this?

Why should they?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.