Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG Crossover status with Delta

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2017, 7:11 am
Original Poster

SPG Crossover status with Delta

I have SPG Gold and added my SPG number to my SkyMiles account. Is the Crossover "status" somehow reflected when logged into the account? I can't find anything.

The biggest reason for asking is that I am checking for my flight later today and wanted to save on the baggage fees. And does the first bag free apply only to me or also other people on my itinerary?
Old Jun 30, 2017, 7:18 am
Original Poster

And I just reread the landing page and realized that the free baggage allowance is for SPG Plat, which I don't have any more.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by zeikka
I have SPG Gold and added my SPG number to my SkyMiles account. Is the Crossover "status" somehow reflected when logged into the account? I can't find anything.

The biggest reason for asking is that I am checking for my flight later today and wanted to save on the baggage fees. And does the first bag free apply only to me or also other people on my itinerary?
IIRC, you also have to register with SPG for the crossover rewards. If one is appropriately registered, it will show on your SPG account profile:

FYI - you can also get SPG points with Uber now.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 1:44 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by zeikka
Is the Crossover "status" somehow reflected when logged into the account? I can't find anything.
To answer your general question, on the DL side if you visit the registration page while logged in, there should be a box on the right-hand side telling you that you're already registered:

https://www.delta.com/profile/spgLanding.action

"YOU HAVE ALREADY LINKED YOUR SPG AND SKYMILES ACCOUNTS WITH CROSSOVER REWARDS. IT'S NOW TIME TO START EARNING YOUR REWARDS."

Confusingly, my profile page has a link that says "Link your SkyMiles and SPG accounts" (they already are) but if I click on that the subsequent page

https://www.delta.com/profile/travel...sAction.action

shows SPG under Hotel Loyalty Programs with a chain-link icon.

On the SPG side, the "My Account" page shows "Crossover Rewards™ with SPG and Delta SkyMiles" in the first box underneath my name.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 2:28 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
On another note, I've never actually seen an indicator anywhere on DL documents (itineraries, Skymiles account, etc. etc.) that shows I'm an SPG Platinum (or Gold for that matter).

I also have not dealt with not having DL status the entire time I've had SPG status so checked bag fee waivers have never been an issue for me, so I'm not sure how DL agents see your SPG status. There must be some sort of indicator on their version of the system.

Curious to see what others' experience has been in getting the Crossover benefits when not having DL status but only SPG.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 5:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm DL DM and SPG Plat too, so the biggest benefit is getting crossover points/miles: DL RDMs for Starwood stays and SPG points for DL flights. Somewhere on delta.dumb I see a SPG icon, but that's the only obvious sign of the linkage.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by bj27
On another note, I've never actually seen an indicator anywhere on DL documents (itineraries, Skymiles account, etc. etc.) that shows I'm an SPG Platinum (or Gold for that matter).

I also have not dealt with not having DL status the entire time I've had SPG status so checked bag fee waivers have never been an issue for me, so I'm not sure how DL agents see your SPG status. There must be some sort of indicator on their version of the system.

Curious to see what others' experience has been in getting the Crossover benefits when not having DL status but only SPG.
Free bag, on paid and award flight. Upgrade on paid flight only
But yea, got upgraded amazingly
SPG plat, no DL status
Old Jun 30, 2017, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I've managed a couple of upgrades off of SPG Platinum. Typically short RDU - NYC but cleared SLC - RDU amazingly last November and was set to clear F for AUS - RDU but took a $500 bump and ended up clearing C+ for AUS - DTW - RDU.

Bag doesn't help because I already have DL Amex but one of the nuances buried in the T&Cs is priority check-in line defined as the Silver line if available or SP line if not which is very useful for me ex-RDU where there is no Silver line so I can always go SP for bag drop.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 11:05 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
Originally Posted by Duke787
I've managed a couple of upgrades off of SPG Platinum. Typically short RDU - NYC but cleared SLC - RDU amazingly last November and was set to clear F for AUS - RDU but took a $500 bump and ended up clearing C+ for AUS - DTW - RDU.

Bag doesn't help because I already have DL Amex but one of the nuances buried in the T&Cs is priority check-in line defined as the Silver line if available or SP line if not which is very useful for me ex-RDU where there is no Silver line so I can always go SP for bag drop.
Glad that SPG Platinum has provided value for you. SLC-RDU is definitely a nice UG, especially for SPG Platinum! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.