Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Charge for seat assignment for family member on same PNR (KLM metal, 006 stock)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Quick q for gurus:
In Sep our family is flying MSP-JFK-ARN; ARN-AMS-MSP on a 006 ticket stock, V fare all segments. ARM-AMS on KLM metal. Single reservation (PNR). Couldn't assign seats at time of reservation - usual message about KLM seats not being available for selection at purchase.

Wife is FO, I'm Plat, daughter is kettle.

This morning I noticed that wife and I have seats assigned and not daughter. When I go online to see what's going on, seat map shows up and when I try to select seat for daughter, it say's KLM charges $5.xx for seat assignment. On plat line now and agent seems to think that's normal but is on phone with KLM reservations desk to see what's going on.

Is this normal? HUCA?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Yes. KLM doesn't extend free benefit to companions eithout status. Many threads on this over time.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 2:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Getting a good seat for your daughter for $5 seems like a very good deal.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Yes. KLM doesn't extend free benefit to companions eithout status. Many threads on this over time.
Thanks. I didn't know that. The agent said as much and I wasn't sure if it was legit or if she was making stuff up. But alls well, we have seat.

Concern was primarily because our daughter is only 3 and I didn't want to wait till the airport for seat assignment as we'll want at least one parent to be next to her, whichever row that might be. Just didn't want to take the chance that there wouldn't be two seats available together.

Last edited by zeebanker; Jun 19, 2017 at 4:41 pm
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Getting a good seat for your daughter for $5 seems like a very good deal.
That was not the issue / question, but thanks for your opinion anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.