Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Which 777-200 Delta One seats are best for a couple?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which 777-200 Delta One seats are best for a couple?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by javabytes
Yes, especially if you will need to physically access the other seats. There's no way to get from B to C without going all the way around the cabin and through the galley. Because of the way the seats are staggered, I would suggest shifting your center seats forward by one row. So if you chose 4/5/6A, you'd have 4/5B. This is because 6A more or less faces 5B.

I was quite amused on my last flight ORD-NRT on ANA... one kid sat on his dad's lap, and the FA actually stood in the aisle and cut up the kid's food for him. Different standards of service, I guess.
Thank you! I've gone ahead and done this. 3/4/5A and 3/4B.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
None. This plane is bad for couples. Bad for anyone. Terrible configuration... as are most Delta One cabins
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by aero0729
None. This plane is bad for couples. Bad for anyone. Terrible configuration... as are most Delta One cabins
I can't exactly blame airlines. It seems that everyone is calling for essentially complete isolation in premium cabins these days - direct aisle access, privacy, even doors on your "suite"... easy access to traveling companions is a conflicting requirement.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I can't exactly blame airlines. It seems that everyone is calling for essentially complete isolation in premium cabins these days - direct aisle access, privacy, even doors on your "suite"... easy access to traveling companions is a conflicting requirement.
Seems like it would be easy to compromise if the 777-200 middle seats had a moveable partition.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:05 pm

UAL does an alternating pattern on the 777-300ER Polaris where half the center seats are "paired". There's a divider you can put up for solo travelers.

http://liveandletsfly.boardingarea.c...Polaris-01.jpg

Not sure a similar config would fit on the -200 (is it narrower?) but the concept is possible.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yup, business travelers -- you know, the ones paying multiple thousands of dollars per ticket -- have definitely been asking for this in business class.
Int'l first class is more likely to have a configuration that allows companions to be closer -- even in a 1-2-1, the seats usually face fully forward. And you can almost always have a companion dine with you in the ottoman/buddy seat. But DL fliers don't really know about int'l first class.

Or, there's always UA - probably a few more years before the new seats are fully rolled out. You can even get the whole family in a row of 4 adjacent seats!
Old Jan 29, 2018, 3:57 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Why not 7A/6B or 7D/6C if they are available?

All pairs are marginal for a couple trying to interact, so you might as well get the the best individual seats.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by exwannabe
Why not 7A/6B or 7D/6C if they are available?

All pairs are marginal for a couple trying to interact, so you might as well get the the best individual seats.
Why those in particular? I do see on seatguru that they have a little closet and bigger table. But they seem close to drink station at back of J front section (and the C/D near lav). I have 5 pax total and did all A/B because that way we can keep an eye on all the kids (only the 9 year old needs occasional assistance though). Teens may want to talk to us (though now that I think about it, I'd rather have some peace and quiet).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.