Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Which 777-200 Delta One seats are best for a couple?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2017, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, AA Platinum, Amex Platinum, SPG Gold

My wife and I are flying JFK-CDG on Delta Metal. Does the 'foot towards the aisle" configuration allow us to talk and interact if we get two middle seats together or should we get window seats, one in front of the other for the view?
Old Jun 14, 2017, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by erikbryan
My wife and I are flying JFK-CDG on Delta Metal. Does the 'foot towards the aisle" configuration allow us to talk and interact if we get two middle seats together or should we get window seats, one in front of the other for the view?
The 777 doesnt offer good talking or view seats. Youll be pointed away from the window, and angeled away in the middles that makes talking hard.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Since the center seats face away from other, I think you'll find mixed opinions here on whether to get those, or to sit across the aisle from each other (which is my preference). Note the seats are staggered, so 6A can most comfortably chat with 5B. Whoever is in the A seat will look more or less straight ahead, while whoever is in the B seat would have to turn their head left a fair bit. It's still not really conducive to lengthy conversation, but you can chat briefly if you need to without much of an issue.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 6:26 am

Programs: Delta PM
My wife and I prefer the "one in front of the other" window seats.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 6:29 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Even with the staggered setup, a few months ago on CDG-JFK we had 12A/12B and it was perfectly fine for us. We have selected the same pair for our JFK-CDG flight next month. It's true that it becomes challenging to have a conversation but you still can see each other. There was couple on 11B/11C and it seemed that they were not happy with the setup at all.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 8:57 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
There aren't really any seats that allow interaction. Personally I like 6B/C if you want to be able to occasionally say something to one another and be close to one another, but it's tough to carry on a conversation.

Across the aisle from each other you can see each other easily, but would be hard to have an extended conversation without talking loud enough that you would disturb other passengers.

In front of/behind each other is similar to B/C in terms of awkwardness, though at least there only the person in front has to turn their neck to awkward angles instead of both of you. But I guess if one of you has better neck mobility / flexibility than the other, that might be a good option
Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:53 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Here is a photo taken from 3A looking at 2B
Attached Images  
Old Jun 14, 2017, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, AA Platinum, Amex Platinum, SPG Gold
Thanks for the great feedback.

Much appreciated.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 4:07 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by bgriff
There aren't really any seats that allow interaction. Personally I like 6B/C if you want to be able to occasionally say something to one another and be close to one another, but it's tough to carry on a conversation.

Across the aisle from each other you can see each other easily, but would be hard to have an extended conversation without talking loud enough that you would disturb other passengers.

In front of/behind each other is similar to B/C in terms of awkwardness, though at least there only the person in front has to turn their neck to awkward angles instead of both of you. But I guess if one of you has better neck mobility / flexibility than the other, that might be a good option
Yeah I'm flying LAX-SYD and ICN-ATL in a few days with my GF. Have never been on a 777 with her. We're in 6B and 6C so I think we'll be ok. Also I'm positive she's just going to fall asleep as soon as we take off from LAX anyways
Old Jun 14, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: Show me the points!
Originally Posted by suvayanr
Yeah I'm flying LAX-SYD and ICN-ATL in a few days with my GF. Have never been on a 777 with her. We're in 6B and 6C so I think we'll be ok. Also I'm positive she's just going to fall asleep as soon as we take off from LAX anyways
Bring a jacket. It's cold here!
Old Jun 16, 2017, 1:24 pm

Question, I'm flying RT ATL-ICN with my dad in November and was reading that 7A/D are the best seats. Currently we have 6/7A but was thinking doing 7A/D since they're open, but my question is the entire aisle area empty in between these seats as it seems to be on the seat map. Thanks, this will be our first time flying first class so want the best experience possible.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by bstv69
Question, I'm flying RT ATL-ICN with my dad in November and was reading that 7A/D are the best seats. Currently we have 6/7A but was thinking doing 7A/D since they're open, but my question is the entire aisle area empty in between these seats as it seems to be on the seat map. Thanks, this will be our first time flying first class so want the best experience possible.
No. The galley goes right up to the back of 6B/C (and even wraps around them slightly). If you are in 7A and 7D, you will not be able to see each other.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by javabytes
No. The galley goes right up to the back of 6B/C (and even wraps around them slightly). If you are in 7A and 7D, you will not be able to see each other.
Ahh thanks for that info. So I guess we'll stick to 7/6 A since I doubt my pops will be doing much talking once absorbed into his movies/ sleeping pills kick in haha
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Ack. This is frustrating. Traveling MSP-HND with family of 5, including a 9 year old. This configuration is going to make it difficult to help him with his "devices" and food, etc. He's mostly fine, but still needs hands-on parenting sometimes. I wish I'd paid attention to this when I booked. Seems like we should do something like 4/5/6A and 5/6B rather than BC.
longing4piedmont likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Ack. This is frustrating. Traveling MSP-HND with family of 5, including a 9 year old. This configuration is going to make it difficult to help him with his "devices" and food, etc. He's mostly fine, but still needs hands-on parenting sometimes. I wish I'd paid attention to this when I booked. Seems like we should do something like 4/5/6A and 5/6B rather than BC.
Yes, especially if you will need to physically access the other seats. There's no way to get from B to C without going all the way around the cabin and through the galley. Because of the way the seats are staggered, I would suggest shifting your center seats forward by one row. So if you chose 4/5/6A, you'd have 4/5B. This is because 6A more or less faces 5B.

I was quite amused on my last flight ORD-NRT on ANA... one kid sat on his dad's lap, and the FA actually stood in the aisle and cut up the kid's food for him. Different standards of service, I guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.