Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more onboard upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2017, 5:27 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by KevinDTW
Policies like YBYL (or not) and FEBO (or not) seem like they should be simple and straightforward. No reason there should be such mystery and confusion among customers and employees.
Calling YBYL an actual policy is a joke.
No rhyme or reason to how this "policy" is enacted by DL staff.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 5:47 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by KevinDTW
No reason there should be such mystery and confusion among customers and employees.
Upgrades are NOT guaranteed! If you're so lucky as to be chosen for an upgrade at the gate, you're gonna take it - - and you're gonna LIKE IT! You're gonna say, Thank you, Delta, for choosing me to bestow such a VALUABLE gift! You are simply a ham sandwich sitting in a chair in the sky. Supreme Mothership Delta's policies, procedures and motives are NOT to be questioned!

Old Jun 23, 2017, 7:14 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Another empty FC seat on the return trip. IAH-ATL
At the gate they even made an announcement that FC had Checked in full.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 7:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Tomphot
More proof that checking in full isn't the same as boarding full.

How many people were on the upgrade list?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Was on a flight last week on Friday - ATL-SFO last flight out.
Upgrade show 1 seat available in FC. I was 1 on the list out of 12+ and got it.

Doors closed. 4 no shows. Flew out with 4 empty seats in FC rather than on board upgrading.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 10:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kxc262

Doors closed. 4 no shows. Flew out with 4 empty seats in FC rather than on board upgrading.
Ouch. That's a long flight for domestic.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 12:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by kxc262

That's annoying. Also, on this exact route I've been upgraded onboard before by a GA right before departure. He came on and handed me a new boarding pass and told me to move after takeoff once the seatbelt sign was turned off.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by Tomphot
Would you care to expand on the ATL-IAH-ATL flight numbers or time?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by JohnnyRockets
Isn't on-time departure also part of GA's KPI???
Ok, whats' a KPI?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
Ok, whats' a KPI?
I'd guess "Key Performance Indicator." At least that's what it is in certain types of service contracts I've been associated with in my (non-aviation) career, and seems to make sense here.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 4:39 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by /dev/null
I'd guess "Key Performance Indicator." At least that's what it is in certain types of service contracts I've been associated with in my (non-aviation) career, and seems to make sense here.
Thanks. I've never heard that one. Sounds like an MBAer invention to further obfuscate the rest of the unelite world.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 3:46 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by OHDL1
Would you care to expand on the ATL-IAH-ATL flight numbers or time?
ATL-IAH. 6/22. #2554 . Empty FC seat.
I was wrong on the return, there was a very short person curled up that I couldn't see.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 5:59 pm

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
MSP-DLH last night. Flight was running a bit late and I got my upgrade a few minutes before boarding. Then we all board, and there's 3 open first class seats. GA comes on a bit confused and asks me if anyone is sitting there. I said I didn't see anyone... he goes back up presumably to get a few upgrades. Then when he gets back the FA's shoo him away and say we're late and we have to go. So we left with 3 open seats... for a 25 minute flight who cares, but why is it so hard to see these things in advance??
Old Jun 24, 2017, 8:12 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by bretthexum
why is it so hard to see these things in advance??
I was flying MSP/ORD <I think>. I was at the top of the list for an upgrade. I asked the GA and was told that the flight checked in full, and it looked as though everyone was going to show up, based on making their originating flights.

I told her that, people will book <for example> SAN/MSP/ORD, but NOT INTEND to fly MSP/ORD, because SAN--->ORD is cheaper than SAN--->MSP.

The GA said - - NAAAAAAH! Nobody does that! . . . . Fast forward to on the plane ready to depart . . . .

The GA came onboard and walked directly to me with a new boarding pass for an F seat, and said - - I can't believe it, but YOU'RE RIGHT! There were 2 no shows, that indeed flew their originating flights!

Old Jun 24, 2017, 10:25 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by /dev/null
Ding!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.