Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Honey Roasted Peanuts to be replaced with...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Honey Roasted Peanuts to be replaced with...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2017, 4:43 am

Programs: Delta DM/Amex Reserve 2 Million Miler
I second...the regular lightly salted peanuts...they were perfect with a Coke !
Old Jun 1, 2017, 6:10 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by DL-Don
Further, I would eat them with glee when someone on board claims to be allergic to peanuts being eaten 20 feet away.
Wow.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 6:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by robnsfla
I second...the regular lightly salted peanuts...they were perfect with a Coke !
A cold american can of coca cola?

Refreshing.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 6:40 am

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
Sorry to hear this. I will miss the Honey Roasted peanuts. I prefer them to almonds any day.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 6:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Well I'm flying D1 to AMS in September and I've never heard of these stroopelwaffel things, but I guess I can look forward to trying them then.

Are they made from real camels, or just that cheap artificial camel flavoring?
I hope they're not made from camels. That would really upset the vegetarians. [Or do you mean Camel cigarettes? The horror of it! Giving tobacco to unsuspecting passengers, including children.]

BTW, I dob't think I've ever seen artificial camel flavoring. Just what do camels taste like? AFAIK they're not on the dinner table in Australia, but maybe I should try flying SV to broaden my culinary boundaries since they reputedly have served donkey meat in business class. Perhaps camel (steak, roast, stew, I hope not liver) is next.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 6:44 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by bj27
I much prefer almonds to peanuts. Maybe I'm the only one.
Not at all. Almonds >>> peanuts. More expensive also.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 6:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I generally like nuts (except pistachios) but I prefer almost any nut to peanuts, almonds and Brazil nuts erspecially but also walnuts, cashews, etc.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 6:48 am

Programs: DL,EK
Originally Posted by bj27
I much prefer almonds to peanuts. Maybe I'm the only one.
As long as they are whole, roasted almonds with no salt, I agree with you.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 10:24 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Well I'm flying D1 to AMS in September and I've never heard of these stroopelwaffel things, but I guess I can look forward to trying them then.

Are they made from real camels, or just that cheap artificial camel flavoring?
I've never had camel before but I can assure you there are no camels (real or artificial) in stroopwaffels.

I've found that even fresh, genuine stroopwaffels have a large amount of some sort of corn syrup in order to maintain the desired consistency. Whether the caramel flavor is achieved by use of artificial flavorings or by use of real caramel, is up to the manufacturer/producer.

Now, back on topic

Originally Posted by apodo77
Not at all. Almonds >>> peanuts. More expensive also.
For those of us concerned with getting the max value out of travel, perhaps this ups the value proposition ever so slightly.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by DL-Don
Further, I would eat them with glee when someone on board claims to be allergic to peanuts being eaten 20 feet away.
why on earth would you say something like that? I have a six-year-old daughter who is highly allergic to peanuts. A careless flight attendant put her life at risk a few weeks ago by not appreciating the severity of her allergies Despite multiple conversations with me. This is the first time in four years I've had an issue like this in Delta. If I saw you doing what you said I would take issue with you and we'd probably have a confrontation on the plane.

Don't put other peoples life at risk. I don't risk your life, but I would put it at risk if you put my daughters life in jeopardy.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by mcrobot
A careless flight attendant put her life at risk a few weeks ago by not appreciating the severity of her allergies Despite multiple conversations with me. This is the first time in four years I've had an issue like this in Delta.
How exactly did the flight attendant put your daughter's life at risk?

Originally Posted by mcrobot
Don't put other peoples life at risk. I don't risk your life, but I would put it at risk if you put my daughters life in jeopardy.
The consumption of peanuts 20 feet away from an allergic person does not put his life at risk. As has been mentioned in countless other peanut arguments, the interior of the aircraft is likely coated with residue from peanuts consumed on previous flights anyway.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
There are many questions about why there are more and more allergies. I don't think an answer has been found, but there are some theories. One theory is that as people get more urbanized, they have less exposure to allergens as children and therefore develop more allergies. Studies have shown that people raised on farms are far less likely to develop allergies. Similarly, other studies point to the widespread use of chemical cleaning products: kids no longer have the chance to naturally develop immunity to certain allergens because everything is so sterile.
This is it. Playing in dirt provides immunity. I once visited a dairy farm where the employee’s children ran around barefoot. Yes they may have had worms , but I could not help but notice the kids were healthy as could be.

Then I worked with two college professors who lived in a Home Beautiful house in an expensive suburb, whose kid never even went and played on the perfect green lawn without wearing shoes. With such a sterile upbringing, the kid was suffering from all the usual “allergies.”
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by 355F1
Stroopwafels, FTW!!!

headed to Amsterdam in a few weeks and I always bring some home!

Marshalls/TJ Maxx/Homegoods/TJX etc often have them in their snack aisle
zeer0 likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by MS02113
How exactly did the flight attendant put your daughter's life at risk?

The consumption of peanuts 20 feet away from an allergic person does not put his life at risk. As has been mentioned in countless other peanut arguments, the interior of the aircraft is likely coated with residue from peanuts consumed on previous flights anyway.
she has an airborne allergy and consumption of mass amounts of peanuts around her risks causing anaphylactic shock. Don't assume you know about the health of other people. Just because you read it on the internet doesn't mean it's right. Know that if I have to choose between the safety of my kids and your right to eat peanuts on a flight, you're gonna lose.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by Flaflyer
This is it. Playing in dirt provides immunity. I once visited a dairy farm where the employee’s children ran around barefoot. Yes they may have had worms , but I could not help but notice the kids were healthy as could be.

Then I worked with two college professors who lived in a Home Beautiful house in an expensive suburb, whose kid never even went and played on the perfect green lawn without wearing shoes. With such a sterile upbringing, the kid was suffering from all the usual “allergies.”
there are contradictory studies on how to reduce allergies. It's still not clearly understood at all. Just look at how allergy expossure guidance has changed for new parents over the past 6 years. I wish it were better understood, for my kids sake.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.