Wiki Posts
Search

Boarding pass issue

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2017, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
Boarding pass issue

My daughter and husband are flying AMS-ATL tomorrow. Upon checking in online, they discovered that his name is spelled incorrectly on his boarding pass. The contacted KLM who told them they had to contact Delta. The only number she has for Delta is the 1-800 number which she evidently can't call from there. She sent a message to @Delta, but no response. I told her I didn't think it should be a problem and could be handled at the airport. She is worried that he will be denied boarding. And I'm worried we will have a 22 month old longer than planned😳
Old May 26, 2017, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Debatl
My daughter and husband are flying AMS-ATL tomorrow. Upon checking in online, they discovered that his name is spelled incorrectly on his boarding pass. The contacted KLM who told them they had to contact Delta. The only number she has for Delta is the 1-800 number which she evidently can't call from there. She sent a message to @Delta, but no response. I told her I didn't think it should be a problem and could be handled at the airport. She is worried that he will be denied boarding. And I'm worried we will have a 22 month old longer than planned😳
Call KLM in AMS. They handle DL issues for those in Europe. Or call the 1-800 number. You can call it, the message just let's you know it's not toll free. A name correction is easy to fix. I believe up to 3 or 4 letters can be changed without much issue. Was this not caught when flying out? Finally if this is middle and first name being in same field or last/first being reversed there shouldn't be a major issue.
Old May 26, 2017, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
Thanks flyer - I was pretty sure it wouldn't be an issue, but my daughter was worried. And like I stated, we have a vested interest in making sure they get home!!! For the record, they did call KLM who said they had to call Delta. My husband called DL and got a non 800 number for them if they wanted it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.