Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Strange FCM Offers and Seat Map Issues

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Another odd twist:

A few days ago I booked a trip June trip MSP-DTW-ALB-DTW-MSP. As in several other reports, I got the automatic upgrades to C+ during the booking process, without having to amend my initial non-C+ seat choices.

Since making my reservation I have noticed that if I checked my seat choices the maps showed available seats in C+, F, and non-preferrred seats, but showed no available preferred seats. A dummy booking showed available preferred seats.

Today, when many are reporting restricted seat maps on their reservations, mine has returned to normal and shows the available seats in both cabins and all seating categories (F, C+, preferred, general).
Old May 18, 2017, 12:50 pm

Programs: Delta - Silver
Originally Posted by rylan
Word of caution... be careful of the online FCM, I have two tickets where you would end up paying more compared to the going first class fare.
Same, it's about 120$ more if I click through their 'luxury seating' link in my reservation than having just purchased F out of the gate.
Old May 18, 2017, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by appleguru
Nearly wide open J cabin showing full now on my return trip from AMS next week. Do NOT like this change.

also, no upgrade offers for me (other than C+, which I already have...)
If you are on KLM then they are having seat map issues. According to a DM agent they are seeing 2 maps on their side and have to switch to see true availability.

AMS-SFO seems to be switching to a all 787 schedule later in the year.
Old May 18, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
I have a waitlisted domestic segment using a GUC and another waitlisted segment using a RUC. I still get the second dummy segment for those, but the whole plane is greyed out

Not really a big deal -- now I can't see the declining number of seats and get upset my certs aren't clearing

On a purely domestic trip (LAX-ATL-LAX) my FCM offer (including my Y fare) is less than what buying that exact itinerary today, but more than the cheapest FC itineraries for my travel days.
Old May 20, 2017, 5:09 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
OK, so I am not seeing things. I am waitlisted using a GUC and 7 open Delta One seats on my flight to DUB one day and zero the next. Also seeing this on the RDU-ATL. Don't like this change at all.
Old May 20, 2017, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SYRRDU
OK, so I am not seeing things. I am waitlisted using a GUC and 7 open Delta One seats on my flight to DUB one day and zero the next. Also seeing this on the RDU-ATL. Don't like this change at all.
Are you already in C+ for your RDU-ATL flight? Are you seeing an upgrade offer for it?
Old May 20, 2017, 6:40 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Originally Posted by LBJ
Are you already in C+ for your RDU-ATL flight? Are you seeing an upgrade offer for it?
Yes in C+, all of FC for the RDU-ATL and all of the ATL-DUB Delta One are grayed out. I have a GUC in for the ATL-DUB leg and it says waitlisted.
Old May 20, 2017, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SYRRDU
Yes in C+, all of FC for the RDU-ATL and all of the ATL-DUB Delta One are grayed out. I have a GUC in for the ATL-DUB leg and it says waitlisted.
Sorry, I should have been more specific. Are you seeing an F upgrade offer for your RDU-ATL flight? I have 6 domestic flights booked and can see F seat availability on all of them, but I also have F upgrade offers for them all.
Old May 20, 2017, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
If you have an upgrade offer then you can see the seatmap... if not then you can only see the cabin you're seated in and everything else is grayed out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.