Search

Issues with Delta Phone Lines

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2017, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Flyer
Issues with Delta Phone Lines

<representative--Representative--REPRESENTATIVE!>

Tried to call the medallion line today--instead of the typical "Welcome back ___" I got a voice message asking me to identify why I am calling.

One hour wait too! What am I missing?
Old May 16, 2017, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Bozzie4
<representative--Representative--REPRESENTATIVE!>

Tried to call the medallion line today--instead of the typical "Welcome back ___" I got a voice message asking me to identify why I am calling.

One hour wait too! What am I missing?
Are you calling from outside the US, or using a different number for DL then normal? I know when I'm outside the US depending on the country I'm calling from on my cell they may/may not recognize my phone #
Old May 16, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott PP
It happens to me every once and a while. Anytime I don't hear the "Welcome back ____" I get a long wait time. If I hang up and call back I'll get the welcome and a drastically reduced wait time.

What I belive is happening is every once and a while the caller ID info didn't make it though to the Delta system for some reason (so it doesn't identify you) so you got the normal line instead of the medallion line (hence the hang up and call back shortening the time)

EDIT: If you are calling from a number not in your myDelta profile you need to use the dedicated medallion number, not the generic 800-323-2323. "If you are a Medallion® Member, check the Contact Us section in the Fly Delta mobile app for your dedicated phone line. Have your SkyMiles account number available to expedite your call."
Old May 16, 2017, 8:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Even if caller ID doesn't work, shouldn't the system ask for your DL FF number and then recognize you from that, therefore sending the call to the correct elite line/queue?
Old May 16, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott PP
So, out of curiosity, I just tried on a phone I don't have in my profile. The generic number does not ask for your FF number (I even tried saying "medallion" but that didn't get me anywhere) . I then called the dedicated Platinum number and it started by asking for my FF number. So I believe it is dependent on the number you call.
Old May 16, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
I have never had DL recognize my phone number despite it being correct in my profile....
Old May 16, 2017, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Even if caller ID doesn't work, shouldn't the system ask for your DL FF number and then recognize you from that, therefore sending the call to the correct elite line/queue?
I've noticed it also depends on where the call is routed. I've gotten different messages/recognition when calling the DM line depending on which center is picking up.
Old May 16, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
Happens. I just HUCA. Works then.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 11:20 am

For years the phone system automatically recognized me, but starting a few months ago I no longer receive the "Welcome back..." message and have to go through a series of prompts. My phone number has not changed, and it is still correct in my profile.

Last time I called in I asked if they could see my phone number, and they said yes, the number I was calling from matched what is in my profile, but didn't know why it wouldn't automatically recognize me.

Anyone have a similar issue and figure out how to resolve?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by grant15
For years the phone system automatically recognized me, but starting a few months ago I no longer receive the "Welcome back..." message and have to go through a series of prompts. My phone number has not changed, and it is still correct in my profile.

Last time I called in I asked if they could see my phone number, and they said yes, the number I was calling from matched what is in my profile, but didn't know why it wouldn't automatically recognize me.

Anyone have a similar issue and figure out how to resolve?
Try logging on to DL.com and look at your profile. Delete all phone numbers. Save. Logout of DL.com.

Log back on to DL.com and update the phone number in your profile, save. See if that helps.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: DL PM/1 MM, Bonvoy LTT
Probably not the case here, but I was also told that if your phone number is associated with a second skymiles number, the system may not recognize one and/or route you to a non-medallion number. (I realize this is a strange and very rare scenario, but a rep mentioned this as a problem when I signed my newborn up for a skymiles account and I had to associate a phone number with the account.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.