Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Was LAX Last Night?

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2017, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
How Was LAX Last Night?

I did a brief scan to see if any threads were running on this and didn't see one, so if I missed one I apologize.

I said my goodbyes to terminal 5 about two weeks ago and won't be back at LAX for about two more weeks. Just curious how things went/are going from last night with the terminal change?
Old May 13, 2017, 7:55 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Curious too
Old May 13, 2017, 8:10 am

Me too... I chose to leave LAX on the 11th instead of the 13th in order to avoid any potential problems.
Old May 13, 2017, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ve-thread.html
Old May 13, 2017, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Ryno1234
I did a brief scan to see if any threads were running on this and didn't see one, so if I missed one I apologize.

I said my goodbyes to terminal 5 about two weeks ago and won't be back at LAX for about two more weeks. Just curious how things went/are going from last night with the terminal change?
No worse than the usual LAX problems ...was on 1211 from SLC, sat on the ground for 30 mins waiting for a gate (term 6) only to taxi to the gate and the jetbridge was stuck for another 15 mins. Bags came off ~30 mins.

Didn't notice anything special in terms of help in the terminal, but admittedly I don't think there were many connections at 10pm. Handed out info cards as we boarded in SLC
Old May 13, 2017, 5:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jk88usa
No worse than the usual LAX problems ...was on 1211 from SLC, sat on the ground for 30 mins waiting for a gate (term 6) only to taxi to the gate and the jetbridge was stuck for another 15 mins. Bags came off ~30 mins.

Didn't notice anything special in terms of help in the terminal, but admittedly I don't think there were many connections at 10pm. Handed out info cards as we boarded in SLC
I hope you claimed your 2500 RDMs for the checked bags being late.
Old May 13, 2017, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I hope you claimed your 2500 RDMs for the checked bags being late.
Don't the terms allow them to suspend the guarantee for major operational issues like the LAX move. Of course even if it does, keeping it active is just a good PR decision.
Old May 13, 2017, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Don't the terms allow them to suspend the guarantee for major operational issues like the LAX move. Of course even if it does, keeping it active is just a good PR decision.
Normally I dont bother but after the series of fiascos last night I definitely claimed it. Miles appeared less than a minute later (and having never claimed it before...was pleasantly suprised they post instantly)
Old May 13, 2017, 10:14 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jk88usa
Handed out info cards as we boarded in SLC
Nice touch
Old May 13, 2017, 11:54 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I agree, DL should keep the 2500 mile guarantee rule for late bags delivered after 20 mins at LAX only for PR reasons. This is a huge move. I think DL is the #2 carrier at LAX after AA. Moving from terminal #5/6 to terminal #2 /3 is a big deal.

I think the only time I saw something this big was when they closed
Stapleton in Denver and moved to the new DEN airport. UA had a huge challenge with that move.

Good luck DL on this move in LAX!
Old May 14, 2017, 1:00 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by kettle1
I think the only time I saw something this big was when they closed
Stapleton in Denver and moved to the new DEN airport. UA had a huge challenge with that move.
How about when all Berlin flights moved to Brandenburg?

Oh, wait...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.