How Was LAX Last Night?

Old May 13, 17, 7:53 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Dayton, OH/CVG
Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle
Posts: 458
How Was LAX Last Night?

I did a brief scan to see if any threads were running on this and didn't see one, so if I missed one I apologize.

I said my goodbyes to terminal 5 about two weeks ago and won't be back at LAX for about two more weeks. Just curious how things went/are going from last night with the terminal change?
Ryno1234 is offline  
Old May 13, 17, 7:55 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: NYC
Programs: DL GM, AAdvantage EXECPLAT, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Posts: 6,719
Curious too
AANYC1981 is offline  
Old May 13, 17, 8:10 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 25
Me too... I chose to leave LAX on the 11th instead of the 13th in order to avoid any potential problems.
slickrick11 is offline  
Old May 13, 17, 8:42 am
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio
Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 17,866
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ve-thread.html
flyerCO is offline  
Old May 13, 17, 10:23 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 339
Originally Posted by Ryno1234 View Post
I did a brief scan to see if any threads were running on this and didn't see one, so if I missed one I apologize.

I said my goodbyes to terminal 5 about two weeks ago and won't be back at LAX for about two more weeks. Just curious how things went/are going from last night with the terminal change?
No worse than the usual LAX problems ...was on 1211 from SLC, sat on the ground for 30 mins waiting for a gate (term 6) only to taxi to the gate and the jetbridge was stuck for another 15 mins. Bags came off ~30 mins.

Didn't notice anything special in terms of help in the terminal, but admittedly I don't think there were many connections at 10pm. Handed out info cards as we boarded in SLC
jk88usa is offline  
Old May 13, 17, 5:58 pm
  #6  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 88,243
Originally Posted by jk88usa View Post
No worse than the usual LAX problems ...was on 1211 from SLC, sat on the ground for 30 mins waiting for a gate (term 6) only to taxi to the gate and the jetbridge was stuck for another 15 mins. Bags came off ~30 mins.

Didn't notice anything special in terms of help in the terminal, but admittedly I don't think there were many connections at 10pm. Handed out info cards as we boarded in SLC
I hope you claimed your 2500 RDMs for the checked bags being late.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old May 13, 17, 8:52 pm
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio
Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 17,866
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I hope you claimed your 2500 RDMs for the checked bags being late.
Don't the terms allow them to suspend the guarantee for major operational issues like the LAX move. Of course even if it does, keeping it active is just a good PR decision.
flyerCO is offline  
Old May 13, 17, 8:53 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 339
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
Don't the terms allow them to suspend the guarantee for major operational issues like the LAX move. Of course even if it does, keeping it active is just a good PR decision.
Normally I dont bother but after the series of fiascos last night I definitely claimed it. Miles appeared less than a minute later (and having never claimed it before...was pleasantly suprised they post instantly)
jk88usa is offline  
Old May 13, 17, 10:14 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SJC
Programs: DL Gold, Marriott
Posts: 2,645
Originally Posted by jk88usa View Post
Handed out info cards as we boarded in SLC
Nice touch
kjnangre is offline  
Old May 13, 17, 11:54 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: LAS HNL
Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Posts: 4,479
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
Don't the terms allow them to suspend the guarantee for major operational issues like the LAX move. Of course even if it does, keeping it active is just a good PR decision.
I agree, DL should keep the 2500 mile guarantee rule for late bags delivered after 20 mins at LAX only for PR reasons. This is a huge move. I think DL is the #2 carrier at LAX after AA. Moving from terminal #5/6 to terminal #2 /3 is a big deal.

I think the only time I saw something this big was when they closed
Stapleton in Denver and moved to the new DEN airport. UA had a huge challenge with that move.

Good luck DL on this move in LAX!
kettle1 is offline  
Old May 14, 17, 1:00 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Programs: Delta GM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Food Lion MVP
Posts: 854
Originally Posted by kettle1 View Post
I think the only time I saw something this big was when they closed
Stapleton in Denver and moved to the new DEN airport. UA had a huge challenge with that move.
How about when all Berlin flights moved to Brandenburg?

Oh, wait...
ekozie is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: