Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Emailing Flight Changes That Don't

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2017, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver

Starting a few weeks ago I get frequent emails from Delta stating my flight number and times have changed. However, the email always has the same info. Their short term memory is evidently worse than mine.
Old May 11, 2017, 7:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Sometimes an aircraft type change generates schedule change notifications. There can also be tiny (a minute or so) changes in either departure or arrival times.

To me the frustrating part is needing to find the original email I received at the time of purchase to compare the old and new times.
Old May 11, 2017, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Sometimes an aircraft type change generates schedule change notifications. There can also be tiny (a minute or so) changes in either departure or arrival times.

To me the frustrating part is needing to find the original email I received at the time of purchase to compare the old and new times.
Just log into delta.com. The reservation will show the changed info and what the old was till you call and have them accept the change.
Old May 11, 2017, 9:02 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Not sure which mail account you're using, but just copy the PNR from the schedule change e-mail and search your mail account for it and you'll get a handy history of any schedule changes and the original routing.
Old May 11, 2017, 9:09 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Just log into delta.com. The reservation will show the changed info and what the old was till you call and have them accept the change.
I have never needed to call to accept a change. There is a button to accept the change inside the reservation online.
Old May 11, 2017, 10:13 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I have never needed to call to accept a change. There is a button to accept the change inside the reservation online.
Although in some cases "This itinerary cannot be changed online" which inhibits the Accept button from working too. I think waitlisted cert/mileage upgrades is one case.
Old May 11, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: SkyTean, Star Alliance, HHonors
I had that happen recently. There was a time in either departure or arrival by a minute or two. And once I got the notification for that I started getting one or two every three or four days. I compared them to the previous e-mails and there was no change except for the initial one. Gmail was smart enough to bundle them up into one thread so it didn't cause problems but still a little annoying.
Old May 11, 2017, 1:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I don't think this works if there's been more than one change. AFAIK you just see the information from the most recent change to the current change. It can matter if looking into the history gets you to a threshold where you can change or cancel the ticket. I like to know this before calling DL.
Old May 15, 2017, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I should clarify the content of the notification. The multiple emails I mentioned all had a flight number & time change. I'm asking why they had to send the identical info multiple times over a few weeks.
Old May 15, 2017, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rxgeek
I should clarify the content of the notification. The multiple emails I mentioned all had a flight number & time change. I'm asking why they had to send the identical info multiple times over a few weeks.
I was replying to MSP about figuring out what changed. Till you accept, online or by phone, the last conformed info should show along with what it has changed to. If there a been multiple changes it should still show the last accepted reservation info to allow comparison.
Old May 25, 2017, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

In summary, I called Delta and was told that I did not have to let them know that I accept the change. Rep said no special reason that the notification was repeated.
Old May 28, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: Delta 1 Million Miler, Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
I have never called to accept nor clicked the accept button online. I just let the changes sit there. Doesn't seem to be a need for me to log in or waste my time every time a notification announces a one minute adjustment. Am I missing something by never formally accepting?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.