Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

ATL MEX in F meal - did something change?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2017, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat CK 4.0M+; Delta DM; Marriott Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist

sorry if this is in another thread

flying ATL MEX in F this evening (715p departure) and I was looking forward to a decent meal on the flight similar to the upgraded meal service on this route the last few times.

turns out that they only have 1 main choice and it is a cold beef. I don't eat beef, so it appears that I'm out of luck for anything substantial. (I had planned my meals during the day to be able to eat a good meal on the flight)

did something change with meals in F to MEX?

thanks in advance
Old May 7, 2017, 6:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Sounds like you've got a real beef with DL.

Don't chicken out, get them to step up to the plate.
Old May 7, 2017, 6:32 pm

Programs: DL PM
Just flew this route a few weeks ago. Had the attached menu. Sounds like your catering got botched.

Flight last week (domestic) had two chicken options... maybe DL decided no more veggie meals :-P
Attached Images  
Old May 7, 2017, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat CK 4.0M+; Delta DM; Marriott Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist
Appleguru,

That's what I recall as well from previous flights. Certainly something was off the mark tonight.

Appreciate your response.
Old May 7, 2017, 8:22 pm

Programs: DL DM & 5MM, WN
Well at least you will eat better in Mexico City. Once you leave the beach places, it is one of my favorite countries for food.
Old May 9, 2017, 3:39 am

Programs: AA, DAL, blah, blah, blah...The usual.
Originally Posted by Justin026
Well at least you will eat better in Mexico City. Once you leave the beach places, it is one of my favorite countries for food.
Best pasties outside of Cornwall. Perhaps even better than actual Cornish pasties.
Usually, wherever the Brits go, the leave behind Cricket, tea and English.
Mexico City is a little different...If not for all the pasty shops, you would never know the British were there at all.
Old May 9, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: DL-PM
Originally Posted by airmotive
Mexico City is a little different...If not for all the pasty shops, you would never know the British were there at all.
Oh? When were the Brits there? I've heard of pasty shops in historically mining cities (like Pachuca, where you see them every other block), but in Mexico City?
Old May 9, 2017, 10:28 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by emancj
Oh? When were the Brits there? I've heard of pasty shops in historically mining cities (like Pachuca, where you see them every other block), but in Mexico City?
Just look for empanadas, and all will be well.
Old May 9, 2017, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by introspection
sorry if this is in another thread

flying ATL MEX in F this evening (715p departure) and I was looking forward to a decent meal on the flight similar to the upgraded meal service on this route the last few times.

turns out that they only have 1 main choice and it is a cold beef. I don't eat beef, so it appears that I'm out of luck for anything substantial. (I had planned my meals during the day to be able to eat a good meal on the flight)

did something change with meals in F to MEX?

thanks in advance
You planned your meals assuming the airline food would be good? Really? And this was NOT the first time you flew Delta?

Good and airline food are not compatible terms in my book. (And yes that includes the Delta 1 offerings on international. Generally there's a much more edible option at the departure airport!)
Old May 9, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
You planned your meals assuming the airline food would be good? Really? And this was NOT the first time you flew Delta?

Good and airline food are not compatible terms in my book. (And yes that includes the Delta 1 offerings on international. Generally there's a much more edible option at the departure airport!)
I feel for the OP not getting to eat but I couldn't ever fathom planning my meals around anything DL or any other domestic airlines are serving these days. Many airports are really stepping up their game in the food department to boot.
Old May 9, 2017, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
My last 5 Delta Flights had botched catering or big downgrades.. not sure which it is:

ATL- LAX - No dessert catered
ATL-DAL - No snackbasket.. just peanuts or biscoff
DFW-LAX - No meals catered, just peanuts or biscoff
LAX - HNL - Breakfast was miniscule.. very surprised but how tiny for a 6 hour flight. Just a 3 oz quiche and some fruit.
HNL - NRT - 8 hour flight, meal all served at once. Salad was ONE but... not an exaggeration... ONE bite. Came through with ice cream after but it was soup. Hard to mess up a Sundae but it was bad.
Old May 9, 2017, 6:23 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
This is a route where it would be really hard to know in advance based on anything Delta publishes. On the one hand, it's only 1300 miles and it is within North America. On the other hand, it's an international flight that is not to a beach/vacation market in the southern part of Mexico.
Old May 10, 2017, 3:54 am

Programs: AA, DAL, blah, blah, blah...The usual.
Originally Posted by emancj
I was introduced in Pachuca...Only then did I notice all the shops on the drive back to Mexico City. Granted, the city itself is not chock-a-block with pasties like Pachuca. But if you're looking for them, they're out there!

Separate item:
Any idea when the new MEX airport is due to open? I didn't even know a new airport was under construction until we drove past a ten mile long construction zone (on our way to Pachuca).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.