Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3 Weeks Running: Upgrade Weirdness

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2017, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

3 Weeks Running: Upgrade Weirdness

Ok, so let me say I'm not sure if this has already been addressed elsewhere, but if it has feel free to move it as necessary.

Some background: I'm an FO, usually request First and Comfort+ upgrades (unless I see C+ only has middles left, then I'll take myself off the list before the window)

For the past 3 weeks, I've been having some real issues with upgrades, and this isn't a one-off occurrence. It's almost as if I'm invisible to the GA's on the First list, and yet to the GA I'll appear on C+ lists that I took myself off of before the window.

I've received 3 C+ upgrades at the gate in the past 3 weeks (luckily all aisle or window), without requesting them, and when I inquire with the GA, they say I was on the C+ list (I can assure you when I look at the app and the monitors, I wasn't, and I definitely tried to get myself off). I will note than in 1 of these 3 cases, the GA upgraded me to "RU" class, not "WU," and the app then says I should board with the Prem zone, since I assume it thinks I have first class with RU.

In one case, I was 3/5 on the app for 5 seats in F, but the GA only upgraded me to C+ at first since she said I wasn't appearing on the First list. Eventually we got it worked out and they managed to get me into the last seat in first.

This leads to a secondary set of problems: whenever the GA "force upgrades me" like this on my first segment, the app subsequently deletes my secondary segment seat assignment. In 2 of these cases (one RU into C+, the other being the previous one where I was 3/5 into First), I held upgrades to C+ on the secondary segment, but the app kicked me back into the main cabin and gave the old "You Only Purchased the Main Cabin Experience" message to both me and the GA when trying to get back to C+.

Anyways, I realize this is all complex and confusing, believe me I try explaining it to the GAs and they have zero idea what's going on or why. But does anybody have any experience or explanation why this is happening? It's really frustrating with deleted assignments and random upgrades, because this isn't a one off thing, and I'm starting to think there is some glitch with my account/upgrades. Any ideas what to do?

Feel free to ask clarifying questions, because I'm sure this is just as confusing to you as it is to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.