Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Anyone else stuck on a delta crj900 this morning??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2017, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA

Seems delta is having a system issue. Being told on their entire fleet of crj900 planes the computer won't accept the weight balance ratios so we can't take off. Nationwide they say. It's been over an hour with no update. Anyone else stuck?
Old May 2, 2017, 5:28 am
Original Poster

A restart from head quarters seems to have solved it.
Old May 2, 2017, 7:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What DL Connection carrier? Or does the OP mean all of them, regardless of operator?
Old May 2, 2017, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What DL Connection carrier? Or does the OP mean all of them, regardless of operator?
I thought each carrier handled their own. Thought DL only did actual DL flights.
Old May 2, 2017, 12:25 pm

Connection carriers do their own WDRs, so it'd be confusing to hear that every Connection carrier had the same problems unless the problem was with the manufacturer.
Old May 3, 2017, 11:25 am
Original Poster

In response to the carrier, it was DBA I was on. I don't have the full story but all the captain said was that "fleet wide" all the CRJ-900's were rejecting the load distribution numbers. It took them 2 hours to get "HQ" to reset the flight computers and it fixed the problem. Odd, seems like a manufacture issue as the flight computer should be standard across the carries? IDK it is not my expertise.
Old May 3, 2017, 12:42 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Jkrun03
In response to the carrier, it was DBA I was on.
I could be wrong, but, I think all Delta connection carriers advertise as, something like . . .

Endeavor Air DBA Delta Connection

SkyWest DBA Delta Connection

Etc

Etc

Etc
Old May 3, 2017, 1:01 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I thought each carrier handled their own. Thought DL only did actual DL flights.
That's my impression too, which is why I'm asking the question.
Old May 3, 2017, 1:11 pm

DBA = doing business as
Old May 3, 2017, 1:14 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Widgets
DBA = doing business as
Exactly my point!
Old May 3, 2017, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by Widgets
DBA = doing business as
During the UA/CO merger, there were lots of jokes about UAdbaCO versus COdbaUA.

Maybe the new definition would be

DBA = dragging buyers away.
Old May 3, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Looking at some random flights from yesterday, my guess would be Endeavor.
Old May 3, 2017, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I was stuck on one of them yesterday - CVG to EWR. This update impacted all CRJ900 fleet operated by Endeavor Air. Issue was resolved within 30 min but our misfortune was the fact that our cabin crew was missing for longer.

Delayed almost 2 hrs.
Old May 3, 2017, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by WWads
Looking at some random flights from yesterday, my guess would be Endeavor.
Yikes. I flew them a couple days ago and one flight had many problems: FC meals not properly loaded, no water in lavatory, no water for tea/coffee, no blankets, no pillows, etc., although the aircraft looked nice and new and clean. IME Endeavor is generally good.

It's probably irrelevant, but I also noticed that flight status seemed to be messed up for this flight as the inbound (with the same number) apparently initially posted a delay well in advance, but the return flight from the outstation was posted as on time. This would have required some form of time travel as the aircraft was supposed to arrive about an hour after we left. [Shortly before flight time, the computer corrected itself and both flights were on time.]
Old May 3, 2017, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

I now feel a little silly for not realizing all these years that DBA - doing business as. I forgot the name after DBA so I just reported that.. Now I know!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.