Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Launches LSTN Headphones in D1 and PS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Launches LSTN Headphones in D1 and PS

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: DL Diamond; Marriott Titanium
Just used on DTW - NRT and NRT - PDX and they are very disappointing. I have had ear buds that provided better noise canceling and sound. In fact on the DTW - NRT
(747) it actually made the engine noise louder.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
I had my 2nd and 3rd chances to use the LSTN headgear flying DTW-NRT-DTW the last 2 weeks. I used them outbound DTW-NRT, upstairs on the 74 and my experience was not better than my first use on a 767.
Returning NRT-DTW I used my personal Sony noise cancelling earbuds -- a long discontinued product. Definitely better sound and noise cancelling.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by MS02113
My mistake, I don't know why I was thinking that there were three prongs. There were clearly only two, but the prongs themselves had an extra ring for power:

Here are the non-powered prongs for comparison:

Old Aug 17, 2017, 4:52 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Originally Posted by mot29
I had my 2nd and 3rd chances to use the LSTN headgear flying DTW-NRT-DTW the last 2 weeks. I used them outbound DTW-NRT, upstairs on the 74 and my experience was not better than my first use on a 767.
Returning NRT-DTW I used my personal Sony noise cancelling earbuds -- a long discontinued product. Definitely better sound and noise cancelling.
My outbound LAX-HND flight had the old headphone, which I like. The inbound HND-LAX yesterday was my first experience with these LSTN. They are terrible!!! I am an audio technologist, clearly Delta needs an audio engineer of some sort before they do another deal. The old headphone were much better and had very effective noise cancellation function (not sure active or well-designed passive). These LSTN have really muddy mid-range, weak bass and virtually no noise cancellation...

I am usually little rough on my headphones, so I have been buying the cheap Sony one for $40 (active cancellation) and it's really good and no worse than the Bose I have. These LSTN can't even compete with the cheap Sony ones.

Last edited by wlau; Aug 19, 2017 at 4:30 pm
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Flew JFK-LAX for 1st time since change. I dislike these. The plastic on top doesnt fit well i find.

PS funny thing on that flight. They loaded the correct meals, and new dishware, but loaded China Eastern trays instead of DL.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 4:30 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Originally Posted by flyerCO
PS funny thing on that flight. They loaded the correct meals, and new dishware, but loaded China Eastern trays instead of DL.
You didn't hear? China Eastern is buying Delta!

The rate at which each of SkyTeam member is investing into other SkyTeam members - they should just unify everything!
Old Sep 9, 2017, 3:10 pm

I had several more opportunities to use LSTN headphone since my previous post as I am in heavy travel season. These LSTN headphones are really really lousy, I am surprised Delta dropped the ball on this as other recent product improvements all hit high notes. They are so inferior to the previous unbranded headphones.

On recent flights, I ran out of battery of my own ANC headphones, so I had to use these LSTN and the noise cancellation was so terrible, it's like not having any at all. I decided to try my silicon tip noise insulated earbuds, that I bought for $4.99 USD, and even those were better at blocking noises and produced more richer sound quality...

Hope Delta sees these comments from us and replace these LSTN soon...
Old Sep 9, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by wlau
I had several more opportunities to use LSTN headphone since my previous post as I am in heavy travel season. These LSTN headphones are really really lousy, I am surprised Delta dropped the ball on this as other recent product improvements all hit high notes. They are so inferior to the previous unbranded headphones.

On recent flights, I ran out of battery of my own ANC headphones, so I had to use these LSTN and the noise cancellation was so terrible, it's like not having any at all. I decided to try my silicon tip noise insulated earbuds, that I bought for $4.99 USD, and even those were better at blocking noises and produced more richer sound quality...

Hope Delta sees these comments from us and replace these LSTN soon...

I agree. They're very crappy. I'm not particularly fussy and typically leave my BOSE at home to save space in my carry-on, but these are a huge downgrade from the previous incarnation, with no noise reduction at all.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 4:20 am

Programs: DL DM MM
Pretty much any brand of noise cancelling headphones you can buy are better than these. The LSTNs are much better than those free airbuds in economy and they are light and comfortable (big ears will have a fit issue though) but seriously, bring your own.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 7:42 am

OMG

These are awful

I couldn't tell if there was noise cancelling. Cheap nasty product.

Next trip is on AA with Bose.

I own Bose but like the airline supplied ones to watch a movie.

Why an earth would Delta choose such a poor quality device. Did no one test it?
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:08 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Just completed long flights to and from Sydney and definitely not good headphones. On the flight to Sydney, they collected them around 30 minutes before arrival. Did not collect them on the return flight.The short promo before one of the movies I watched showed a charity they are in partnership with the manufacturer- I think it was something in Africa.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hilton Diamond; Marriott LT Titanium; Long live SPG... f MAR
I sent feedback to LSTN and plan to do so to DL as well. These are horrible. I can't believe LSTN is a company that actually sells headphones. I'd never buy anything from them after using this piece of garbage. I'd give these a 1/10.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by hoyt
I sent feedback to LSTN and plan to do so to DL as well. These are horrible. I can't believe LSTN is a company that actually sells headphones. I'd never buy anything from them after using this piece of garbage. I'd give these a 1/10.
I did as well... Cabin product manager who oversaw this headphone really dropped the ball. It appears there maybe a relationship between LSTN and Delta that may be overwriting common business sense. I find it hard to believe with soooo many good headphone makers out there that Delta would pick LSTN... They are not even well recognized in the professional audio industry.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL DM
Confirmed: These suck.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 6:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I'm not an audiophile but I don't think they are substantively different or any better than the old headphones. The only difference is aesthetics -- the fake wood surface.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.