Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

grumble, grumble -- delta.com ticketing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat

I've been watching a delta.com fare DCA-NZ for a few weeks now -- it was there at $4500 plus change in D1, then disappeared, then reappeared today.
Tried several approaches to ticketing --
DCA-LAX-BNE-CHC -- DCA-LAX comes up in W.
DCA-LAX-BNE-AKL -- DCA-LAX comes up in I.
Both itins use DL 1726 for the flight on the same day.
I decide to route AKL outbound with the return from CHC and delta.com tells me it can't ticket because of a name mismatch on a voucher.
I call the diamond line and get a great agent who works it through, calls the pricing desk and they eventually get it ticketed.
At one point the agent asked if I could see the fare codes -- which you can now by clicking a link on the page that summarizes the itin just before paying (the detail there seems new, but maybe I've missed it before).
The agent explained that what they see and what we see sometimes are very different itins. While waiting for the reprice, she went to delta.com and found exactly the itin that I could see.
Anyhow, all booked now -- and used a VDB and a credit on a cancelled flight.
Gave the agent a JWD cert, should have given her another one to pass along to the ticketing agent who pushed the I fare codes onto the entire itinerary.
A good phone agent can move the world.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 4:48 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton DM
Agreed. I have had them do amazing things with a ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.