Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

8.5 hour layover in London. Delta to Azerbaijan airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

8.5 hour layover in London. Delta to Azerbaijan airlines

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2017, 11:26 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tbeard
Thanks for the info. He is a professional cyclist and going there to do the tour of Azerbaijan. His team is meeting him at the airport so hopefully the taxi won't be an issue. Return he is just flying to Amsterdam as he is doing more racing in Europe. He will have a little bit if time to see Baku, but not much.
Good - there isn't too much to see

The old city is beautiful and the Caspian sea is pretty neat to walk along, there is a beautiful promenade. Other than that, it's an odd mix of old and new, Soviet and Western. Fun to walk around and explore a bit but we were a bit bored after a couple of days.

Here are some of my Baku photos if you are interested. I think they are really trying to draw more tourism - there have been a verity of sporting events in recent years. And I think a Eurovision contest took place there a 4-5 years ago.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by tbeard
Greetings, next week my son (18) will be flying SLC-LHR and has an 8.5 hour layover before connecting to Azerbaijan airlines for a flight to Baku.
This has probably got to account for 100% of the O&D traffic between SLC and GYD for 2018.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: delta diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TTT
Good - there isn't too much to see

The old city is beautiful and the Caspian sea is pretty neat to walk along, there is a beautiful promenade. Other than that, it's an odd mix of old and new, Soviet and Western. Fun to walk around and explore a bit but we were a bit bored after a couple of days.

Here are some of my Baku photos if you are interested. I think they are really trying to draw more tourism - there have been a verity of sporting events in recent years. And I think a Eurovision contest took place there a 4-5 years ago.
Thanks for the info and great photos!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.