Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Using schedule change to depart a day early

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using schedule change to depart a day early

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2017, 8:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Even AA will allow a move to 1 day earlier if passenger doesn't like new flights and the change is at least over either 1 or 2 hours.

For some reason I highly doubt DL would have a policy I'm this regard that would be worse. Especially how accommodating they are already with schedule changes.
I think the issue is the direction of the schedule change versus the direction of the additional requested voluntary change. If your flight is moved to a later time, it seems reasonable to ask to be rebooked onto an earlier flight or if the original flight is moved to something earlier, you can request a later flight instead.

However, in the OP's case, the flight was moved X hours earlier and OP wants to change to a flight that's X + 24 hours earlier but otherwise equivalent to the new flight onto which he/she was already (automatically) rebooked. This is very different.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: Delta
I attempted to do something similar and failed back in January; I had an early-morning SEA-ATL-MIA that I wanted to move to a redeye (landing the same day but leaving the night before). Delta refused to allow the change without charging the rebooking fee.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 11:25 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Yes. I have done this before twice on international flights that had schedule changes.

Granted I am a DM so I don't know if that played into a decision but it should be easy to find out when you call DL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.