Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Likely hood of being split up from my wife on basic economy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2017, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Im sure this gets asked a bit but, Wife and I are flying from detroit to LAX and there seems to be a lot of seats in the back, what are the chances if i do basic economy that my wife and i are separated?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 5:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by kyomagi
Im sure this gets asked a bit but, Wife and I are flying from detroit to LAX and there seems to be a lot of seats in the back, what are the chances if i do basic economy that my wife and i are separated?
there is about a 90% chance, because this is a very popular route and there may very well only be middle seats left when you check in. Don't even think about asking anyone to switch with you, they almost certainly won't for a middle seat.

I never ever book basic economy, it's just not worth it.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:13 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
A quick read of the thread's title had me misunderstanding and chuckling.... I thought you were asking the chances of your wife splitting up with you if you purchased basic economy seats.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CJKatl
A quick read of the thread's title had me misunderstanding and chuckling.... I thought you were asking the chances of your wife splitting up with you if you purchased basic economy seats.
omg lol
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

another side question, i used my delta Amex sky miles card but when i entered the card, its reconizing it as a standard amex?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:34 pm

another side question, i used my delta Amex sky miles card but when i entered the card, its reconizing it as a standard amex?
For payment through Delta this should not matter. You need to make sure that Amex recognizes this as a Delta purchase so that you get the bonus.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
For payment through Delta this should not matter. You need to make sure that Amex recognizes this as a Delta purchase so that you get the bonus.
so the little image does not matter if its my gold card or not, as long as AMEX sees it as delta? got it, just making sure i get my 100 credit + bonus miles
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:42 pm

so the little image does not matter if its my gold card or not, as long as AMEX sees it as delta? got it, just making sure i get my 100 credit + bonus miles
I don't know what the $100 credit is (is it for a new card). In any case you should make sure the accounts are linked, but if's a new card perhaps this has not been done yet.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:57 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Just look at it as a nice break from your wife for a few hours.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 7:21 pm

Programs: Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CJKatl
In my marriage, 100%
Old Apr 3, 2017, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
As mentioned, LAX are popular flights in general. Just because there are seats when you are booking doesn't mean it'll be like that when it comes to day of departure. Remember that everyone else on a normal ticket will get to pick a seat, so you'll be stuck with the leftovers... which are usually middles.
If you buy basic economy to save a couple bucks, then don't complaint when you are assigned middle seats at the back of the plane in different rows.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 7:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP - Anybody who tells you that they have the remotest idea does not have the remotest idea. There may or may not be seats together and you may or you may not get them.

As you have absolutely no control over where you sit, do not give this a second's thought.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:43 pm

Programs: delta dm
It might be a nice break from your wife or you could try to seat poach an aisle seat and pretend you don't speak English.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:55 pm

Same case for me (I had no idea what fare I was buying, but it was anyway the most convenient flight). What if you arrive early at checkin ?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I don't know what the $100 credit is (is it for a new card). In any case you should make sure the accounts are linked, but if's a new card perhaps this has not been done yet.
ya new card, if i book a flight w/ delta, i get a 100 credit. Im sure now that i think about it, its on AMEX's side. The only thing i need to be sure of is the check bag deal

Last edited by kyomagi; Apr 3, 2017 at 9:06 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.