Wiki Posts
Search

Million Miler happened in my sleep...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, 1MM
Million Miler happened in my sleep...

I was looking forward to my trips this year to figure out when I would cross the 1MM threshold. I was only about 8,000 miles away.

Then I woke up a few days ago at home with a Welcome To One Million Miles e-mail...what???

Turns out, my heavy spending this year already triggered my first AmEx 10,000MQM bonus...and there I was...kind of disappointing...

As said before, for all the fanfare in the e-mail...not much really exciting about the status...I could go on and on...it should probably be GM not FO with all the changes over the years...but no point...it is what it is.

I'll probably get the Tumi Tegra-lite, but even that appears to be an obsolete model at this point. Not even sure I want another bag. Perhaps Tiffany pearls for Mrs. tgtg.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 11:50 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
gratzzzz
Old Mar 27, 2017, 12:04 pm

Programs: Delta PM
I figured you were sleeping on the flight when you crossed the threshold, haha. Congratulations on all your time in the sky.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, 20 Years Top Tier on DL, UA 1K, AC E75k, MR/SPG Lifetime Platinum
My experience....

When I hit 1MM somewhere over the Atlantic JFK-AMS, they woke the entire plane up at 3 AM and threw a huge party for me! It was kind of like that Swiss Airlines scene in "The Wolf of Wall Street"!

***NOT***

Seriously, that's a bummer that you AMEX'd it (not your fault of course). I remember when I hit 2MM on DL, I was kind of excited because it was the same route (ATL-LHR) that I flew my first DL flight in 1982! That drove some interesting conversation in the galley with the FAs. Most were ex-PanAm and had some great stories...

Congrats OP!

TFD
Old Mar 27, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: DL DM, PMNW 1MM, DL 1MM
I just crossed again while on an AS flight... probably will take a week to post lol

First MM was on KLM metal between MSP and AMS
Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL DM MM Marriott Plat Hertz PC
I hit the million mark sitting on my couch. Sitting at 996,000 and found an old Delta mileage card in my desk from 1992 with who knows how many miles. Called the diamond line and asked if I could merge it and boom....next thing I know I'm getting the "thanks for being a MM blah blah.....poured a nice glass of Cabernet and celebrated.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Saj8986
I hit the million mark sitting on my couch. Sitting at 996,000 and found an old Delta mileage card in my desk from 1992 with who knows how many miles. Called the diamond line and asked if I could merge it and boom....next thing I know I'm getting the "thanks for being a MM blah blah.....poured a nice glass of Cabernet and celebrated.
^ that is an EXCELLENT story!
Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:58 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Where'z the thread for hitting 2MM?!?

Old Mar 27, 2017, 5:20 pm

Programs: Delta 2MM DM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Congrats on MM. I get the letdown though. I know I will get a bunch of flak for saying this but I think the MM program should be actual miles flown. I'm at about 1.5mm. I don't do the amex thing. To me there's something a bit more valid when it's miles flown. I don't care that you might get the MM perk, just think they should post miles flown. When miles flown passes 1MM or 2 or more, that's a real milestone.

JMHO,

Tracy
Old Mar 27, 2017, 5:31 pm

Programs: DL DM MM Marriott Plat Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FalconStng
Congrats on MM. I get the letdown though. I know I will get a bunch of flak for saying this but I think the MM program should be actual miles flown. I'm at about 1.5mm. I don't do the amex thing. To me there's something a bit more valid when it's miles flown. I don't care that you might get the MM perk, just think they should post miles flown. When miles flown passes 1MM or 2 or more, that's a real milestone.

JMHO,

Tracy
Curious if DL views true BIS MM's any different than card + BIS MM's?

Even if they did.....twouldn't matter now would it.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 5:36 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Saj8986
Curious if DL views true BIS MM's any different than card + BIS MM's?

Even if they did.....twouldn't matter now would it.
For the purpose of MM, it's all the same.

As far as whether or not they have some secret separate tally of miles, who knows. I don't think anybody here would be surprised.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 5:45 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by FalconStng

JMHO,

Tracy
I'm heavy on the Amex but I would be fine if they didn't count those for MM status. I wish they counted award ticket miles for MM status or at least provided that info seperately.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 6:42 pm

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
Congrats on the milestone
Old Mar 27, 2017, 9:24 pm

Programs: DL DM & 5MM, WN
Originally Posted by JayTeaBee
I'm heavy on the Amex but I would be fine if they didn't count those for MM status. I wish they counted award ticket miles for MM status or at least provided that info seperately.
Actually, Western Airlines did give full miles on award tickets for a while, as well as miles for all of your family members travelling with you credited to your account. So a block of my first million Delta miles came from that bit of fluff. But I also remember getting 88 Delta miles for riding the Lufthansa Airport Express train from Bonn to Frankfurt.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:20 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA GE, CP ED
Beware of your MM selection. Some rift between DL and Tumi whereby you selected the expandable and they send you the basic. Tumi is fixing it now but they are suggesting the wrong product is in the MM page. Just make sure you get what you picked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.