Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Which plane did I fly? (moveable armrests in first class)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2017, 11:42 pm
Original Poster

I fly RDU to NYC (JFK or LGA) a few times a year. I'm a big guy, and lately have decided to upgrade to first class. Last time I flew (thanksgiving), I ended up on two different planes. Both were Delta, both were first class, but only one had moveable armrests. I was able to fit in the first class seat without moveable armrests, but it was tight enough that my leg was hitting the recline button frequently.

Anyway, does anybody know what plane I may have been on that had moveable armrests in first class? It looked very new or recently re-done on the inside, if that helps.

For those that may have some kind of access, this was flight DL 6307 from RDU to JFK on 11/19/2016 at 11:00am. I'm unable to find any further information, other than that this flight was operated by GoJet and the less-comfortable flight was operated by Endeavor.

Thanks!
Old Mar 21, 2017, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Since it was a DL connection flight and had FC, the flights were either CR7 or CR9 type planes. I believe the CR9 is the one that both have, but in different layouts. The regional jets can be slightly different even for the same plane depending on which carrier operates them.

AFAIK, in regards to regional jets with FC,

Go jet operates the CRJ7 and CRJ9
Endeavor operates only the CRJ9
Old Mar 22, 2017, 5:15 am

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
On many, many planes Delta flies, except those with lay flats, the first class seats have movable armrests along the aisle. You just have to know where release button is located.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 5:18 am

Programs: DL Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by jaguarnyc
I'm a big guy, and lately have decided to upgrade to first class.
I hope you're not wearing a company shirt two sizes too small and talking to Steve about the Williams account.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DL-Don
On many, many planes Delta flies, except those with lay flats, the first class seats have movable armrests along the aisle. You just have to know where release button is located.
I'm not sure the term for it, but the plane I flew back in had solid armrests. Like they weren't just a floating arm rest, it was just a molded metal seat. Not sure how to describe that, but it's the kind of thing you usually see on exit row seats.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by turnpike17
I hope you're not wearing a company shirt two sizes too small and talking to Steve about the Williams account.
While I appreciate the humor, the hand-wringers will be in here shortly asking for the mod to close the thread.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 7:08 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Originally Posted by jaguarnyc
I'm not sure the term for it, but the plane I flew back in had solid armrests. Like they weren't just a floating arm rest, it was just a molded metal seat. Not sure how to describe that, but it's the kind of thing you usually see on exit row seats.
Were you in the bulkhead on the way back? You'll see those there in lieu of a tray table on the wall.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
there is a version of the CRJ9 that the entire armrest unit can be lowered so it is level with the seat. Not sure which one it is. Had the FA on one flight come around and move then all up as we were boarding and made the comment "trying to make the plane look bigger", to which I replied "it didn't work"
Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On at least some of the CR9's all the trays are in the armrest. Here's an example --
Attached Images  
Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:34 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, National Car Executive
Originally Posted by DL-Don
Reading this from first class on a DL MD 88 and learned something new. Just found the button underneath the armrest near the seat.

This is very nice to know.

Thank you!!
Old Mar 22, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
FWIW, I have actually had a flight attendant tell me to put mine back down (CRJ-7, C+) because "regulations" prohibit it being up at all during flight.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LBJ
On at least some of the CR9's all the trays are in the armrest. Here's an example --
That's exactly the kind of seat I was in, yeah. That's what I'm trying to avoid. Sounds like they have enough configurations that I don't really have a way of identifying that beforehand though.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by mfFrom35K
Reading this from first class on a DL MD 88 and learned something new. Just found the button underneath the armrest near the seat.

This is very nice to know.

Thank you!!
I often use this to get out of my seat while leaving the tray table down.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by turnpike17
Bravo turnpike. Bravo.^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.