Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

United Rebooked me on DL - Will I earn Skymiles !?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Rebooked me on DL - Will I earn Skymiles !?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2017, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I wonder if making a same day change would do anything?
It did, SDC used to be rebooked as Y and you would be give the 150% bonus until FTers forgot that the Internet was public.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Originally Posted by zambonisk
I am a UA GS who flys over 250K BIS miles a year on UA, I'm also a diamond on DL and I can def say that I have gotten miles (MQM, MQDs and RDMs) on multiple different times being offlined to DL on UA 016 tickets. In fact I have was offlined to DL twice in the past 3 weeks and I got DL miles after I put in my skymiles # into the ticket once reissued on DL. Never have a problem "double dipping"
Thanks! Based on distance flown. ?' Ticket shows 0$
Old Mar 11, 2017, 6:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP - You will, of course, have no problems claiming ORC from UA. But, please report back what you actually receive from DL. The miles are easy. The dollars are not. That is because interlined tickets are not paid for at any published fare and those do not earn in any program.

If you do see any dollar-based credit, it will be interesting to see how much and how it was calculated.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
i will report back. ORC credit on United would be peanuts compared to how much I could earn from DL on a flight booked in Full fare F . We will see tomorrow.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by tentseller
It did, SDC used to be rebooked as Y and you would be give the 150% bonus until FTers forgot that the Internet was public.
I know that this used to be a thing and that they fixed it, but I was wondering if the trail back to UA might get lost during the SDC re-ticketing process.

There was also this beautiful moment when during IRROPS you could just go online and switch to any first class flight. I loved that transcon.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Often1
OP - You will, of course, have no problems claiming ORC from UA. But, please report back what you actually receive from DL. The miles are easy. The dollars are not. That is because interlined tickets are not paid for at any published fare and those do not earn in any program.

If you do see any dollar-based credit, it will be interesting to see how much and how it was calculated.
I once had a UA-rebooked DL flight in Y, and they actually digged up the fare and located the small fare. OP, I believe you will at least get PQM for the DL flight, but not entirely sure if you would get the PQDs.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 10:42 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by PaulInTheSky
PQM ...... PQDs.
What does the P stand for?
Old Mar 11, 2017, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Someone posted that they recently got miles for a United ticket booked on Delta (starting in 016). That had to be a lie. My flights already posted as reason code N (not eligible for accrual) when I called Delta the skymiles dept assured me that NO ONE has gotten credit for a ticket starting 016 in years. There is no way to earn credit for it. This is very bad on Deltas part since I'm sure they made money on me
Old Mar 11, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
What does the P stand for?
Premier
Old Mar 11, 2017, 1:19 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
United rebooked us on American for our Chicago to LAX portion of the flight couple of years ago. You have to call into Mileage Plus, but you will get PQD and PQM and usable miles as if it was a United flight.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 1:45 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
I was rebooked from DL to LAN last year and got miles on both. To OP, what you should do if u can't get DL miles is save ur boarding pass, apply for a Alaska mileagplan account, and email in a copy of your boarding pass. You will get milage on AS. Full fare F will earn a nice chunk.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 2:03 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by aero0729
It was way cheaper but I was still earning miles even know they were United miles. I thing is at this point I made a sacrifice thinking I was earning more miles to have them re-book me on delta
You will still earn United miles - just ask them for ORC as was mentioned before. You get the miles you thought you would be getting when you first booked the ticket.

Then you also got some sort of voucher for volunteering, so you are ahead of the game
Old Mar 11, 2017, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by aero0729
Someone posted that they recently got miles for a United ticket booked on Delta (starting in 016). That had to be a lie. My flights already posted as reason code N (not eligible for accrual) when I called Delta the skymiles dept assured me that NO ONE has gotten credit for a ticket starting 016 in years. There is no way to earn credit for it. This is very bad on Deltas part since I'm sure they made money on me
Ticket stock doesn't determine earning. The coding of the flight/fare does. You may have confused the agent by bringing up UA. UA flights haven't earned DL miles in years. Try calling back and just asking for credit. Don't mention being moved over or UA. If they say no again then that's it.

As for your comment, Not sure how it's bad. You're still going to get ORC on UA. Getting credit on DL would be double dipping. Great if it happens, but not bad if it doesn't.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can you just credit dl flight to some distance based partner program like as?
Old Mar 11, 2017, 6:35 pm

United rebooked me on Delta in October and it shows up on my Skymiles account as if I had purchased it myself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.