Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stressful Global Upgrade Experiences

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:54 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IIRC the ones with fewer D1 seats are meant to be used for leisure routes, but sometimes IROPs lead to aircraft switches.
SFO-JFK D1 normally* uses the one with 26 J seats (6 rows at the windows, 7 rows in the middle); I presume LAX-JFK D1 does also. Searching some random dates I see it on LAX-HNL also. Are these scheduled on any international routes also? I wouldn't think so, but...

There are two international 763 configs; both have 9 full rows of J for 36 seats, although one also has a dedicated crew rest compartment (and one fewer row of 3 Y+ seats).

*I once originally missed a JFK-SFO upgrade by 1, but got the upgrade following an equipment swap after the original aircraft went MX and they substituted one of the 9-row 763s.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 8:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC I once flew the 767 with fewer BE/D1 seats on the ATL-EZE or vv route in low season. It might have been a substitution as I remember being surprised when I saw the BE/D1 cabin, but I didn't notice any indication at the gate that someone was being downgraded.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Zorak
SFO-JFK D1 normally* uses the one with 26 J seats (6 rows at the windows, 7 rows in the middle); I presume LAX-JFK D1 does also. Searching some random dates I see it on LAX-HNL also. Are these scheduled on any international routes also? I wouldn't think so, but...

There are two international 763 configs; both have 9 full rows of J for 36 seats, although one also has a dedicated crew rest compartment (and one fewer row of 3 Y+ seats).

*I once originally missed a JFK-SFO upgrade by 1, but got the upgrade following an equipment swap after the original aircraft went MX and they substituted one of the 9-row 763s.
The smaller J cabin 767 are indeed used on international routes. JFK-LHR seems to have at least one on its route that I'm always on. It's a matter of what they need.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.