Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CLEAR comes to MSP

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
I did the online enrollment for the three-month free trial this week. Planning to complete enrollment before a flight tomorrow. Do I just go up to the enrollment kiosk for that?
Yes, just go up to one of the kiosks at door 2 or 5. There will be uniformed
Clear employees to assist. It takes a maximum of five minutes. Very easy.
And once you are signed up, it works instantly. No waiting to be able to use it.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but CLEAR at DFW does NOT put you into pre-check, but rather to the head of the Sky Priority line. Currently, pre-check is at a different entrance. Maybe this is only temporary due to the E terminal renovations. Certainly hope so as it's rather annoying to have to do the "items removal mombo" when qualified for pre-check.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:04 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
I have discovered that my best biometric scan is my two thumbs. The right two fingers are hit and miss and the retinal scan has had zero luck. The gentleman running the Clear line had asked me what my best biometric was my last flight and I wasn't sure because I was normally just doing to right two fingers until they were able to be read before. The first time through I used the right two fingers and after that failed, the retinal scan then back to the two fingers. One might want to find which scan works best for them and go with that. FYI, I have used Clear 3 times now so my scan sample is small.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:42 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I've always used my right fingers, but I have to remember (they don't always remind me) that in order for a "full" scan I have to hold my wrist a lot lower than would otherwise feel natural. The best way for me to think of it is that there's the pad in the center that reads the prints, and it's surrounded by a square bezel. If I make sure the lower part of my finger is touching the bezel at the same time my fingertips are on the pad then it works.

If you're already doing that and don't get a good reading, then I dunno but otherwise give that a try.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: DL DM MM Marriott Plat Hertz PC
At MSP today and same as SEA, LAS, LAX and DEN....fingerprints didn't work but the eyeball scan worked fine.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Clear saved me some time for the first time ever. I had an ungodly early 9:06 AM flight this morning and went through security around 8:00 AM. There were probably at least 25 people in PreCheck and I was able to get through Clear in about a minute.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
Originally Posted by Zorak
I've always used my right fingers, but I have to remember (they don't always remind me) that in order for a "full" scan I have to hold my wrist a lot lower than would otherwise feel natural. The best way for me to think of it is that there's the pad in the center that reads the prints, and it's surrounded by a square bezel. If I make sure the lower part of my finger is touching the bezel at the same time my fingertips are on the pad then it works.

If you're already doing that and don't get a good reading, then I dunno but otherwise give that a try.
The type of scanner they use requires the fingers to touch the metal bar at the bottom of the scanner. I believe it allows for a much faster/accurate capture than the system that uses a camera looking at fingers on glass (the version that often uses green light behind glass).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.