Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone at MSP right now?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2017, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat, National Exec Elite
Anyone at MSP right now?

Could use your help with a forgotten IPAD......

thanks

dave
Old Feb 3, 2017, 8:57 am

I'm not in MSP, but where did you leave it? I could help with contacting the airport, or locating the aircraft if left onboard.

Last edited by Widgets; Feb 3, 2017 at 9:03 am
Old Feb 3, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I have had success getting an ipad back from a plane at MSP using the online lost and found system.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 9:03 am
Formerly known as scootr29

Do you have the "find iPhone" set up..if so keep pinging the iPad. It will send out a ping from you iPad. Also put it in lost mode as well. Lost mode will allow you to type a message to display on the home screen.

Last November I left my iPad on a flight from ATL to MIA. The iPad was passed along to a MIA GA and he kept it in his office until I returned to MIA for my return trip home. Nicest guy in the world.

You also need to have the serial #. In some cases that is needed to retrieve from lost and found.

Last edited by SSF556; Feb 3, 2017 at 9:09 am
Old Feb 3, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
I'll be there this afternoon about 3 PM. PM me if you need me to check anywhere.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Lost my iPAD there once. Used the lost mode. I got a call from security within 24 hours and I just had to pick it up my next time there.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 1:09 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
I do volunteer work at MSP and expect to do a shift on Sunday afternoon 2/5. Let me know if I can help. I live in St. Paul.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by MNAudiS4
Could use your help with a forgotten IPAD......

thanks

dave
Originally Posted by CarmenOM
I do volunteer work at MSP and expect to do a shift on Sunday afternoon 2/5. Let me know if I can help. I live in St. Paul.
Perhaps we could meetup at MSP to take a look, since I non-rev and another one of my family members is going somewhere, I could potentially add myself to the itinerary and then cancel once we find it.

Just an idea

Good luck finding it, make sure it's set to L&F mode. I lost a $120 pair of headphones awhile back and no one ever found them (despite me knowing exactly where I left them) and definitely don't want the same fate w/ you.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 7:38 pm

Programs: DL DM
Did you lose it on a plane or in the airport? I left my iPad on a DL plane. I filed on their online form, and after much research learned that all lost-and-found gets shipped to Alabama where they attempt to match things up and what cannot be definitively matched up gets auctioned. Translation: good luck seeing your iPad again.

I luckily found the number for the Delta Baggage department at MSP. They had an option for if you had a lost item. I pressed that number, and the message said to file a claim online, then I heard a "beeeep," so I left a message (even though I wasn't invited to). Thirty minutes later, I got a call back from a nice agent who told me they hold valuable items for a couple of days before shipping them off to Alabama, and after answering a few questions about my iPad to positively identify it (case color, background picture), she offered to ship it to me. I had to set up a UPS account to pay for the shipping, but that as a small price to pay!

Good luck!
Old Feb 4, 2017, 11:38 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I think I may have shared this on FT before, but I was once sitting next to a nonrev FA. He opened his bag and had THREE cases of Bose noise cancelling headphones, and proudly explained that pax leave them on flights all the time. I was disgusted that he had the gall to show me that. Should have reported but don't like to get people in trouble.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I think I may have shared this on FT before, but I was once sitting next to a nonrev FA. He opened his bag and had THREE cases of Bose noise cancelling headphones, and proudly explained that pax leave them on flights all the time. I was disgusted that he had the gall to show me that. Should have reported but don't like to get people in trouble.
He did what!...

That's absolutely unacceptable and should not have been taken lightly. Not only is he a nonrev, but he's an FA, it's his job to report them to ground so when a L&F request is sent in they can be found. As an FA, this completely ruins the trust that crews and employees have with fellow passengers.

Shame on him! There are so many things he could have done to have helped retrn these. In the same way you wouldn't just take $100 off the ground before doing everything in your power to find and return it. This is a matter of being a good citizen which clearly he is not.

You're reaction and response was totally understandable -ugh.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
Considering that I left a pair of Bose headphones on a flight and never recovered them, that really pisses me off.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by nichelle
Considering that I left a pair of Bose headphones on a flight and never recovered them, that really pisses me off.
Me too, I left a pair of audiotechnica's and had to buy a new set. Really disappointing. Unfortunately, with a pool of 80k, I guess there had to be a few bad apples. Hopefully something gets done about this and we wont have to deal with any more of these idiots again.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 1:10 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
I left my coat on a DL flight once heading to SJU. Called the baggage office but apparently there was no direct number.

Went back to the airport and found it sitting there! Got lucky that they did not ship it out yet to their lost and found center.

In another instance, my brother left his iPad in a rental car (we used National). I guess the wash people never noticed it because the next renter found it and turned it in. Pretty lucky in both situations.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Back in November or December, I was sitting in C+ when the GA came aboard and upgraded me to F. I got a window seat and normally I put my backpack under the seat in front of me in that situation but I put it in the overhead. Shortly before the door closed I realized I needed to grab my Bose headphones. I asked the gentleman next to me to let me out and quickly discovered they weren't in my backpack. I then remembered I had taken them out and put them in the seatback of my C+ seat. I went back there and everyone played dumb. A FA asked me what was wrong and I told her I had left them in my former seat. 5 minutes later I had them back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.