Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

How long can a flight be categorized as "Delayed"?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long can a flight be categorized as "Delayed"?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2017, 9:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: SkyMiles, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards, Global Entry
Originally Posted by minnyfly
As far as I know, there's no official designation for how long a delay can be.

Looks like the OP got caught in DL's never-ending rolling delay of death. Sad to hear, but that's the type of service you might receive with DL. Cancellations aren't always the worst thing.

It was a late inbound almost certainly caused by a significant mechanical delay. The 763 (no A330s on HNL-LAX) scheduled for LAX-HNL arrived in LAX the evening before.
Compensation, Compensation, Compensation, and a measly 10,000 miles ain't going to cut it either.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 12:47 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
OP says they burned GUC's for A330 from HNL-LAX. Which flight does DL use A330's on from LAX-HNL-LAX?
Old Jan 28, 2017, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by airmotive

Rebooked on two-stop narrowbody service through SEA and DTW, coach.
Paid another $475 for a lovely room in the Rainbow Tower.
Chuckled when 10k pesos showed up in my account.
My wife and I will be on your Seattle flight tonight, over in 3A&B. (and we were across the pool from you, in the Ali'i tower). Currently hanging out in the Sky Club....

Small world
Old Jan 28, 2017, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by Super80Fan
Hey that's why Delta ranks pretty well when it comes to having minimal cancellations, just delay delay delay!
That's not exactly true. All airlines work under the same reporting rules. Any flight that does not leave within 24 hours is counted as a canceled flight by the DOT. Delta's rate of both ontime departures, departures within 15 minutes of departure and overall cancelation rate are industry leading in their class. The system is running with a overall degree of reliability never seen in a airline this sized. In Atlanta the other day with probably 400 flights posted on the departure board there was not a single flight showing a delay.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 5:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DAL, blah, blah, blah...The usual.
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
My wife and I will be on your Seattle flight tonight, over in 3A&B. (and we were across the pool from you, in the Ali'i tower). Currently hanging out in the Sky Club....

Small world
On the HNL-SEA flight, we were seated directly in front of the two year old girl who managed to scream the entire 6 hour flight, in the second row of C+. I'm very certain you heard the little angel in first...as well as in the cockpit and probably even on the ground and in the International Space Station.
Even though she was in a car seat, she screamed when strapped in, and kicked the seatback (and screamed) when unbuckled. I counted 12 kids I'd describe as toddlers on this flight. Was there a Disney Cruise???

This is why we use GUCs on layflat seats on this route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.