Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Silence from Delta regarding complaints

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2017, 1:39 pm
KDS
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Executive Elite

I've submitted two complaints to Delta via the website in the past 1.5 weeks. Normally, past practice was the receipt of a generic acknowledgement, followed by some type of "specific" reply via email a few days later.

However, these times there have been no acknowledgement emails, and definitely no replies.

Anyone experiencing this? Is the website swallowing complaints nowadays? or some other type of glitch? (Not ready to think Delta is suddenly ignoring complaints...not yet anyway.)
Old Jan 24, 2017, 1:42 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Same, I sent in something about a week and a half ago and haven't heard back either. It was relatively minor and I'm not expecting any compensation but I was expecting an acknowledgement.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
After a series of flights 2 weeks ago, I submitted 3 separate comments via the website, regarding flight crews on 3 separate long haul flights. 2 were compliments, 1 was a complaint.

I received a call from a Delta CSR a few days later, who thanked me for the 2 compliments and asked for more detail on the complaint and apologized.

It was a very professional response
Old Jan 24, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
One compliment submitted to Delta on 15 January. No receipt of a generic acknowledgement from Delta.
However got a boilerplate response from KLM on 19 January. Have some doubts that compliment will ever reach the Delta FA's concerned.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
Same here, sent in complaint/question on 1/6, they called a left a voice msg on 1/19, email response on 1/20...much slower than in the past, but seems to be more personal with a call, voice message, then email, including thanking me for being a loyal Delta traveler since 1991...first time I've seen that.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
I submitted a complaint from the website yesterday and received an auto-acknowledgement almost instantly. I haven't yet received any personalized reply.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Maybe everyone should start submitting complaints complaining about the slow (or lack of) complaint acknowledgement from the complaints department and requesting compensation for a lack of commitment to quick common complaint handling.

Old Jan 24, 2017, 4:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I Tweeted DL via DM about a small complaint not expecting anything and it was crickets for days.....I eventually wrote back and was like "Really......no response at all?"

Of course it was someone else that didn't reference chat history via DM and replied back with the most nonsensical response.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 6:39 pm

Oh, you guys. You all just were in an extremely BAD LUCK situation! Delta always responds within 30 seconds or less. At least that's what some Delta fans here want you to believe. So don't you dare to question the operations of that marvelous airline!
Old Jan 24, 2017, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by perepelov
Oh, you guys. You all just were in an extremely BAD LUCK situation! Delta always responds within 30 seconds or less. At least that's what some Delta fans here want you to believe. So don't you dare to question the operations of that marvelous airline!
I think it's about 7.5 days. Wait are you the one who thinks Delta should be forced at gunpoint to build a hub at YUL?
Old Jan 24, 2017, 6:44 pm

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
I didn't receive an instant acknowledgement to my last 2 communications via their web form. However, in about 2 weeks I received personal phone calls for each.

I really appreciated the personal touch and the resolution to the issues.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Widgets
I think it's about 7.5 days. Wait are you the one who thinks Delta should be forced at gunpoint to build a hub at YUL?
No. ALL airlines should be forced at gunpoint to make ALL serviced airports into hubs. Also, every flight should depart with half the seats empty.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You want to complain and be acknowledge as a complainer!
Old Jan 25, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, and major hotels
Yep, no response, no action. Called customer service, they keep kicking the can saying they've fixed the problem, but It will take 10 days to show. Never does. It's been over a month.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 6:44 am

Programs: DL DM
My question is how regular are your complaints to DL?

Are you a regular complainer? If so, I can imagine you will increasingly be prioritized lower for Delta.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.