Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Penalty for SDC when same fare class isn't available?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Penalty for SDC when same fare class isn't available?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ruckzac
Pardon my ignorance, but does Delta's system do this automatically, or does the ticket need to be sent to manual re-issue?

Also, if I cancelled a flight and had a residual credit on the ticket after any penalties, would that mean that I could have access to advance purchase fare buckets after the advanced purchase deadline has passed?
Yes system handles it. No. You only get to use historical fares under limited circumstances. What you list isn't one of them.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
However, you should be able to up fare to FC, hopefully a G A P fare, and then SDC under the FC rules without paying a change fee, right?
I suspect you'll be paying a lot more than $200 to buy up to FC on day of departure

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.