Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta forcing higher fares!?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2017, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by formeraa
Be very careful with google fights and ITA matrix. They sometimes find flights which are not actually available. What I suspect is happening is that google is searching during the overnight period when airlines are also updating their systems. During a brief period overnight, the airlines may use a default availability scheme, which may open up lower fare classes for, say, an hour in the middle of the night. This might be why there is sometimes "phantom" availability, which is not actually bookable.
That's why I put in the line about 'in these situations' - because I've DEFINITELY run into this issue before. It really does seem to be some weird default availability problem. I don't think it's related to the situation described above (which is much more rare, or perhaps just much more rare on the routes I tend to search) but both are good reasons to verify Google results before counting on them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.