Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

$7k short of spend to get 10k DQM w/ Amex

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$7k short of spend to get 10k DQM w/ Amex

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2016, 11:20 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
I agree with the diversify strategy. Except, avoid AMEX gift cards, they technically say that those won't count, and since they are the ones selling them they have the ability to actually do that - I've never heard of them not counting them, but still seems better to be safe.

Paypal some money, pre-pay some bills, buy some AMZN gift cards, pre-pay your federal taxes, etc.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 12:49 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Does this count as spend on the DL AmEx card? Financial transactions such as cash advances are excluded.
I'm not 100% certain it does, as I ended up going well past the $30k threshold anyway, but I can't see how Amex would be able to differentiate, and charge the cardholder, as a cash advance. It's labeled as a purchase through PayPal, and should count to your card threshold. The fee is 2.9%.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by Zorak
... a laptop that weighs 1.97 pounds

(Sorry, someone had to say it )
The joke is on you guys, anyone going to bite?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.