Future Delta ULH & long-haul routes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Future Delta ULH & long-haul routes

Hi all,

This thread is for future ultra long-haul flight.

ATL:

I can see Delta to resumes nonstop Atlanta to Tel Aviv, Israel again, but they tried it before. They couldn't have enough profitable. Due to low demands.

I can see Delta will resumes nonstop Atlanta to Dubai again, but they pulled out of Dubai completely due to ME3.

How about ATL-Cairo, Egypt or Amman, Jordan once A350-900XWB is delivered.

You will see ATL-CPT again, but they pull out of Cape Town completely. Due to low demands.

SEA

As for SEA, You will see ultra long-haul nonstop from Seattle to Singapore or Vietnam or Australia and New Zealand, as well. When the A350-900XWB is delivered.

As for Bangkok, I don't think you seeing SEA-BKK nonstop. Due to political reason.

Let the speculation begin.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
As the NRT hub winds down and the A350s come online, look for most of the one-stop connections to turn into nonstops ex-SEA and LAX.

In terms of Europe and the ME, I could see DL moving into more smaller European cities. I don't see them expanding back into the Middle East. There's simply no way for them to compete with the ME3 on these routes.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 12:02 am

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by N830MH
Hi all,

As for Bangkok, I don't think you seeing SEA-BKK nonstop. Due to political reason.

Let the speculation begin.
I agree, I do not see DL starting SEA-BKK. I think they pulled NRT-BKK, just like UA because the flt was not profitable. What is this political reason you speak of?
Old Dec 15, 2016, 12:03 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
ATL-ATL around the globe seasonally in December. 'The Medallion Re-Qualification Flight' It will use a modified CRJ-200 with an air to air refueling probe.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 12:15 am

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
ATL-ATL around the globe seasonally in December. 'The Medallion Re-Qualification Flight' It will use a modified CRJ-200 with an air to air refueling probe.
LOL
Old Dec 15, 2016, 1:08 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Wouldn't ATL-ATL earn 0 MQMs?
Old Dec 15, 2016, 3:03 am

Permanent daily service to TXL/ZRH/PRG from anywhere would be helpful.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 5:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Zorak
Wouldn't ATL-ATL earn 0 MQMs?
Only if it's a direct flight with the same flight numbers on all segments.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 6:00 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
I don't expect these new aircraft to be used Trans-Atlantic (Although I'd love them to appear from time to time on SEA-CDG/AMS as part of aircraft rotation).
Trans-Pacific, I could see possibilities for:
SEA-SIN
SEA-HKG (freeing up 2 A330 to be used elsewhere)
DTW-HKG

Trans-Atlantic you might some new stuff open up do to aircraft switches:
Some current Trans-Pacifics move from A330 to A350
Those new A330 get deployed on some existing B767 Trans-Atlantics
Some of those B767s might be used to open new service (I could see TXL and ZRH as Widget has mentioned)
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Wonder if they would give XXX - AKL a shot. The problem for DL is there isn't a logical XXX, SEA is out of the way, ATL doesn't get any west coast traffic, maybe LAX if they want to go head to head with AA and NZ on the route or SLC if they want it to be virtually all connecting passengers.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I'm not smart enough to speculate about what routes DL may or may not start up, but I would love to have a nonstop from the US to SIN.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:20 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by Widgets
Permanent daily service to TXL/ZRH/PRG from anywhere would be helpful.
^^^ It'd be great to eliminate AMS/CDG from these routes.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:23 am

Programs: DM/3MM
If they have the range I would think they would add routes from JFK. From my own anecdotal experience, they are losing pax to HKG that won't go through SEA.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:29 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
If they have the range I would think they would add routes from JFK. From my own anecdotal experience, they are losing pax to HKG that won't go through SEA.
Not sure that anyone would take DL JFK-HKG when they could take the superior CX flights instead.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:30 am

Programs: AA, DAL, blah, blah, blah...The usual.
ATL/DTW-DEL/BOM

Delta pulled out of the BOM route a couple years ago because they said they couldn't compete with ME3. United seems to keep their non-stop flights full going both directions. If you can't make money with full planes, you can't make money. Hopefully the economics of the 350 can make direct access to India on DAL a reality.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.